Array

School
    10p Long Island

Lockdown Recovery

I love working lockdown to electric chair sweeps. Sometimes if I'm playing half guard or single butterfly, they smash pass, so I throw in a quick lockdown but I'm flat on my back.

So I'm in lockdown with double unders but stuck flat on my back.....any tips on recovering to a more effective lockdown?

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    When I end up in this position I use the Whip-Up or Whip-Down to get off my back and I am always alert to defend the Darce with Mechanic Sweep.

Array

School
    Family Combat Fitness
    I have been loving my lock down to electric. I will shrimp my self up to electric under hooks. I will also go with Namelikenoother the whip up get me where i want to be. No homo but to fight off the darce i stay my head on his hip.

Array

School
    10p Long Island
    Yeah honestly I don't have any issues with a D'Arce.....i just extend the lockdown and move my head away

Array

School
    Family Combat Fitness
    if it is pressure from the smash pass and they just on top of you jaws of life have pissed of many people i get smashed on. I do not have a 10p gym here, so most people dont know what i am going for.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Whip down, whip up, whip back, all of that is needed to create better angles for sweeps but patience and timing are also crucial. Sometimes you gotta wait for your opponent to move
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10P Ronin
    Sometimes when I get flattened out like this, I extend my lockdown, and push both hands on their hips down. It creates just enough space and momentum to use my outside hand to bump my partner. Creates further momentum and reaction from them , so I can start whipping or start to sweep them or rock them or just to get off my back.

Not sure if it'll help but it's got me outta a few sticky situations up to now