Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    DMMA Dundee Scotland
    It's not complicated, his actions were/are disgraceful and I couldn't care less about 'hespect. They talk about 'hespect and honour all the time and have none of it themselves. If you are going to preach it, do it first by example. The old school way of travelling is by horse but I don't see too many people doing that anymore, just because something is old school doesn't make it good or right.

Ralph or Renzo's turf ? What are they gangsters or something ? Are you not allowed competition or something ? If their product is so awesome and what they do is so great they'll have nothing to worry about. If they actually want to promote the sport/art shouldn't they be pleased at the opening of other places to do it ?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by vdesire View Post
    It's not complicated, his actions were/are disgraceful and I couldn't care less about 'hespect. They talk about 'hespect and honour all the time and have none of it themselves. If you are going to preach it, do it first by example. The old school way of travelling is by horse but I don't see too many people doing that anymore, just because something is old school doesn't make it good or right.

Ralph or Renzo's turf ? What are they gangsters or something ? Are you not allowed competition or something ? If their product is so awesome and what they do is so great they'll have nothing to worry about. If they actually want to promote the sport/art shouldn't they be pleased at the opening of other places to do it ?
    Again, not saying I condone or agree with their actions, only saying that this is highly likely the thinking that went into the attack. There is a dichotomy between the old school way of dealing with things back in Brazil and American enterprise. My hunch is that Ralph felt threatened by Gracie Barra’s expansion and acted as such. Of course it was disgraceful. Doesn’t make it any less complicated. We’re talking about the mob mentality of GB staying away from NY and SF due to no more than a handshake deal, the attack allegedly happening as a result of that “deal” not being honored. There were no papers stating Gracie barra couldn’t legally expand to those areas, they’re so big on global expansion, why do they have schools in virtually every major city other than SF and NY? Exactly. It’s complicated. This is America though, that type of behavior shouldn’t fly and won’t fly. There’s pending litigation, not to mention a public relations nightmare. Ralph was definitely in the wrong and just dug himself into a hole. Funny enough tho I still see him posting on IG, I doubt there’s a single cop in SF that could book him strictly using hand to hand combat. On top of that, most every head instructor at jiu jitsu schools have an in with local cops, maybe that has something to do with it. Gotta look into it

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Legalize mma
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12