Twister/ truck question

Hi would love a solution to the following:
    Having some problem with people threading their free leg into my ”lockdown” when doing the twister. This makes me sometimes loose the position. The problem doesn’t accour in the truck when both legs are controlled.
    Should I just make my lockdown tighter or slide up the leg?

//Thanks

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    This is a common problem when not controlling both legs. 2 Options are commonly used when you decide to let go of that near foot: 1. Keeping your legs laced together from the lockdown, pull your legs back into the full lotus position as deep as you can. Preferably with your foot that was on his shin/instep so deep that it slides under his knee and up onto his lower thigh with your knees spread wide and hipping in. 2. Again keeping your legs laced, pull your legs back into a deep figure 4. Your foot that was on his shin will now be posted on the ground and again hipping in. Pull this as deep into his upper thigh and groin as possible.

Both of these can be found in Mastering the System.

Hope it helps!

Closing the figure 4, as Scott says, has been helping me for a long time.
    Try with it.

the lotus is unbelievably powerful control (baseball bat)

but yea figure four once you control the shoulder/head

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    This is a common problem when not controlling both legs. 2 Options are commonly used when you decide to let go of that near foot: 1. Keeping your legs laced together from the lockdown, pull your legs back into the full lotus position as deep as you can. Preferably with your foot that was on his shin/instep so deep that it slides under his knee and up onto his lower thigh with your knees spread wide and hipping in. 2. Again keeping your legs laced, pull your legs back into a deep figure 4. Your foot that was on his shin will now be posted on the ground and again hipping in. Pull this as deep into his upper thigh and groin as possible.

Both of these can be found in Mastering the System.

Hope it helps!
    This. One or the other will feel more right at the appropriate moment.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    All great advice/responses. Lotus and tight triangle/figure 4. The lockdown is needed to counter your opponent sitting up
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Thanks alot everyone for all the good answers!