Thread: Strength

Strength

Hi guys. Today my coach called me after the lesson. He said that “Hasan you are a purple belt. But I am not gonna give it to you unless you strengthen your body. Because sometimes I see some athletic meatheads (who doesn’t even have half of your skills) smash you and it is something bad. I want you to be literally shaking them when applying those techniques.”

Funny enough I am not a weak guy myself. My muscle rate is high I have sixpacks and I can lift heavy weights in benchpress or dumbbell curls.

But I feel like my muscles feels tired very soon and I fight in autopilot.
    Maybe this is the cause: I was lifting like powerlifters when I was in high school. 1 or 2 reps with the maximum weight possible and that’s it.

What do you recommend to me guys (especially strength profs) to meet my coach’s expectations?

Array

School
    Lookin'
    With power lifting, you'll fatigue fast with multiple reps. While rolling, it's a long game, so you may start out strong, but then lack the strength and endurance to continue with said meatheads. That all said, maybe you need to put in more reps while working out, significantly more. It's all about reps in any endeavor.

Yeah as I said dude. But I need something specific for the situation.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Hiit...has been working for me. My endurance has increased and my stregnth has significantly increased also. Find a HIIT program designed for MMA or grappling.Such as Andre Galvao's team work out routine. I usually hit it 2 to 3 times a week and put some extra stair workout for extra cardio.

Thanks man. I’ll look into it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    All Jiu Jitsu champions have a professional S&E regimen. There are so many different styles tho, you’ll have to figure that out yourself
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Newark
    I've started attending HIIT classes as well with good results so far.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    The swimming pool drills that Eddie recommends seem to give me a good balance of strength and endurance specific for jiu-jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Being a Fitness Trainer since 2006 I’ve seen many different types of training and dieting come and go over the years. My general advice that I give to everybody who is looking for the correct training program or diet to maximize their performance is that EVERY-BODY is different. What works for someone else might not be the best for you. It’s not the answer anybody wants, because you just want to know what’s going to help you the most, but realistically you have to find out what works best for your body. This includes aspects like genetics, injuries, diet, current training routine, etc. Having a Professional Strength & Conditioning Coach is obviously the optimal situation and is what most Professional Athletes have but isn’t attainable for everyone. HIIT, Olympic Lifting, Circuit Training, CrossFit, Yoga, etc can all be beneficial for grappling and help you use less strength or have more strength however you want to look at it. So if you try another type of training and you still aren’t getting the results you’re looking for continue your search until you find what works best for you.