Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

New Job - Full time BJJ Coach in Shanghai

Hey Guys,

Tyler over here in Shanghai, I wanted to share that I've gotten a job as a full time BJJ coach at an MMA gym here.

2018 was a really tough year for me, I couldnt walk for 2 months because of a mysterious injury that ended up being a pinched nerve in my back... luckily there was no slipped disks or other spinal injuries... I was just over training and not taking care of myself. I was off the mats for about 6 months and then getting back to the mats was slow and scary as I didnt want to re-injure myself.

I went to school for landscape architecture and I was on the verge of quitting martial arts and going back into design... but I kept on hoping and decided not to quit after working for so long and coming so far (Im purple belt). It was seriously tough coming back and struggling to rebuild and repair my game but Im happy to say my body seems to be back to 100% and Im training twice a day and coaching full time.

I know its not a big deal but I thought I would share anyway

Im on the right path and wake up everyday with a smile

Wish everyone the best for 2019 and happy chinese new year!

Thank

Tyler

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    Congrats! Not everyone can pursue a career in Jitsu, so being able to do so is a huge blessing!

Array

School
    10th Planet Dallas
    Wow!Exciting! Congrats and good luck!

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Thanks guys,

Only problem is they dont have a Nogi program at all! So Ive been forced into a Gi.... #Traitor hahaha
    But the students are asking for Nogi it so hopefully within a couple months we can get it going.
    Its definitely a step in the right direction anyway

Here are some pics from our open mat last sunday

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt-on6LgAhS/