Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    Then Dig it!!
    Oh, it's dugg.

No offense to eddie, but why would he want to rematch someone who beat him like that? Yeah he could try to redeem himself but if he was beat that way the first time what do you honestly think would happen the second time? I tried to word this as nicely as possible.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kipness View Post
    No offense to eddie, but why would he want to rematch someone who beat him like that? Yeah he could try to redeem himself but if he was beat that way the first time what do you honestly think would happen the second time? I tried to word this as nicely as possible.
    you gotta think about what you are saying. just because he was beaten that way the first time doesn't mean it's going to happen again. when did that match happen, 2003? both of them have evolved since then....7 years...that's 7 times the earth rotated around the sun for both of them to evolve their skills. you redeem yourself by seeing what your mistakes were and rectifying them.....to settle the score >:]

So what you're saying is you think that eddies evolved more than Leo? If he was already that much better back in 2003 then how do you think he is now? But this is BJJ and anyone can be subbed at any moment.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Eddie was a Brown belt then and the system that he has developed now was in its beggining stages your an idiot if you think he hasent taken his game to a whole other level by now his influence is everywhere that should speak for itself am i saying Eddie would definatly win no but I am saying that he would definatly not get dominated like that again
    Last edited by Daniel Elizondo; 12-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Array

School
    NA
    i don't necessarily think it's about being more evolved in bjj than the other person. think about how people redeem themselves in mma fights. they fix the holes in their game and tighten up the aspects of the things that make them get outclassed or outworked to begin with. i think being that they both have come a long way since that event, the way the first match played out will most likely not play out that way again. you said what do you think will happen the second time as if eddie will get blasted like he did from leo the first time, when that most likely won't be the case at all considering the time they've had to work on their game. and i'm pretty sure eddie has seen and heard a lot of shit about that match and has studied what happened in the situations that occured. but, yes anything could happen it's jiu jitsu and possibly what happened in the first match could occur again but i'm seeing that as unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Elizondo View Post
    Eddie was a Brown belt then and the system that he has developed now was in its beggining stages your an idiot if you think he hasent taken his game to a whole other level by now his influence is everywhere that should speak for itself am i saying Eddie would definatly win no but I am saying that he would definatly not get dominated like that again
    No offense to anyone... but there are only 3 people on the planet at 65k that I see possibly having an advantage over Leo Vieira and that's Cobrinha, Rani Yahya, and Rafael Mendes. Rafa truly has the advantage as he dominated Leo last year. But Leo and Rani go back and forth, and in no-gi Cobrinha's never fought Leo, but could pose some interesting problems.

As far as people that can keep up with Leo but maybe not have an advantage: Jeff Glover and Ryan Hall. Jeff almost got Leo in a Darce in 2007, and would've won on points if points were scored for the whole match. Ryan held Leo scoreless until OT and even took Leo's back until he got caught in a Marcelo style Guillotine because he left his head out there way too long. Those were both close matches.

No one else is fuckin with Leo, and even though he's not in his prime competitively anymore, there are still only a handful of names that can even keep up with him.

EDIT: Also, no diss to Royler, but competitors get better and better. Leo has been facing the best of the best for the past 7-8 years, and Royler spent the past 7-8 years teaching almost exclusively. I don't even know if he did any no-gi after ADCC 2003. Leo is much better no-gi than Royler.
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 12-14-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I think people are kinda freaking out. Has there ever been an undefeated grappler? I wasn't really into the grappling scene back then but the way I understood it: Eddie tapping Royler in 2003 was HUGE...so huge that he got belted at that point and decided the system was ready to start his own schoole and specifically a no-gi school that emphasized his system on flexibility. right?

This doesn't mean that Eddie can beat anyone in the world at his size or if someone does beat him that it invalidates the system. Also, we don't have to make excuses for eddie losing to Leo...a lot of people lose to Leo.

It's amazing how the only real bad thing i hear is how eddie got "smashed" in that match, if that's the only thing bad that i hear i think he's doing pretty damn good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12