Knee Problems and Rubber Guard

Hey people, I wanted to ask you a question about a problem I may run into in a couple of months. I have been training Bjj for 2 and a half years and have been using rubber guard for almost 2 years. A month ago I tore my lateral meniscus in my non Rubber Guard leg (I tore it slipping in snow, not using rubber guard). I am scheduled for a partial meniscectomy. After I get back on the mat, everyone in my school keeps telling me to forget ΅all that flexy crap¨. Did anyone have a similar problem and are there any adjustments I can make.

Array

School
    Family Combat Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by John Vasilopoulos View Post
    Hey people, I wanted to ask you a question about a problem I may run into in a couple of months. I have been training Bjj for 2 and a half years and have been using rubber guard for almost 2 years. A month ago I tore my lateral meniscus in my non Rubber Guard leg (I tore it slipping in snow, not using rubber guard). I am scheduled for a partial meniscectomy. After I get back on the mat, everyone in my school keeps telling me to forget ΅all that flexy crap¨. Did anyone have a similar problem and are there any adjustments I can make.
    I have done it to both my legs. I still do rubber guard. I have to stretch extra tho. Some times I do miss. I have just have to get out a little more then most. Also crack head is hard for me to get in to.