Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Home

How were you 1st introduced to 10th Planet

The way i first heard of 10th Planet was I went to a gym to learn some muay thai and no gi grappling because they were having a free session. I did the drills and learned a new submission, then it was time to roll. Got whooped by all the experienced people. Then i was up against a heavy weight and i was 149 at the time. We were doing go for 3 minutes and then stop and next people go and rotate so the main trainer could see everyone go. Well we went for a good two minutes and i was some how staying alive. I was getting my guard but since he was stronger he could easily pass. I thought well hey i saw it in UFC 2009 so i thought well let me try this rubber guard cuz im flexible and desprate so i threw the leg up and got to my version of mission control. Held it for a minute so i didnt get submitted again and the guy said i had rubber guard pretty decent just need to keep my legs tight so i didnt get passed.

Well after that I started looking up what exactly rubber guard was and then i got introduced to eddie bravo's basics of rubber guard courtesy of youtube. Started watching his vids more and more then 10th Planet was in my life and ive been happy ever since. Now my first seminar is coming up and I cant wait.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    i was checking out sub 101 on you tube and saw the banner on aris wall and tought it looked pretty cool...wilied it and then i ended up at 10th planet charlotte

Array

School
    bulletproof
    watching rolling vids on youtube and watching teaching vids from legends and some of aris videos phenomal breakdown detail job he does w postions

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Subs 101 on youtube. I was thinking wow this is some crazy ass jiu jitsu and I'm not sure if I want to learn that. But then 10th Planet St. Paul opened up and it was the closest gym to my house, so then I dropped in for my first jits class ever and I find myself thinking about it constantly. It is the sickest stuff, and the only jj stuff I want to train.

Array

School
    Team Shark
    I played the ufc game and rubber guard was really overpowered. I had just started training like a month before. my gameplan was created by reading mastering the rubber guard

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    did you find 10th planet or did 10th planet find you????????????

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Joe Rogan commentating a Matt Horwich fight

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I learned the lockdown at my old gym. I did it out of habit at my new gym and my instructor asked me if I had trained in 10th Planet JJ. I just looked at him and said, "Huh?"

Grabbed the MTRG book and went from there.

Array

School
    Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu
    My 11th grade history teacher got me started on JiuJitsu, and when he saw I had some natural flexibility he told me I should "play" Rubber Guard. I've been slapping on crazy submissions ever since...

Array

School
    My house
    The tv show Human Weapon, when they did the MMA episode they did jiujitsu training at Legends with Eddie. I remember him showing the Mission Control position and it blew me away at how effective it could be to control someone in MMA. I thought Eddie was way ahead of his time and immediatly bought MTRG and have been hooked ever since.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast