Calf Slicer Counter to Straight Ankle Lock from SLX?

I was telling a buddy of mine that the only leglock I've been able to hit while rolling is the straight ankle lock after sweeping from Single Leg X. He was telling me that he does a calf slicer counter that shuts it down for the most part. We were at a baby shower, so it didn't feel like an appropriate time to ask for a demo.

I did some searching on youtube today to see what he was talking about and found an example of a calf slicer counter to ankle locks. Any tips on how to prevent getting countered one my only leglock?

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Options I teach:

1. Get better and faster at your own attack so that his never has time to culminate sufficiently to trump yours.
    2. Go directly to DOA and double stomp his hip for power and extension.
    3. Place your inside foot outside the far buttock so he doesn't have as much leverage to finish his calf slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    Options I teach:

1. Get better and faster at your own attack so that his never has time to culminate sufficiently to trump yours.
    2. Go directly to DOA and double stomp his hip for power and extension.
    3. Place your inside foot outside the far buttock so he doesn't have as much leverage to finish his calf slicer.
    Thanks for the tips! I was thinking speed would be a big determining factor since what my friend described sounded kind of like a quick draw contest. I'll work all three.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Kyle chambers kills with the calf sliced counter, study him
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie