Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Troubleshooting against twister pass

hello guys, I wanted to ask you a suggestion: I often find myself with my opponent who has just made the twister pass but I still have the lockdown inserted. From this position what do you usually do (being the bottom guy)? what are the best options?

Great stuff thanks a lot!
    In case I do not succeed in using this technique there are other alternatives? I would also be grateful for advice on how to try to prevent the opponent from reaching this position. many thanks in advance!

That is similar to a lot of the octopus half guard, at least the beginning part. Look up telles octopus guard, a ton of options and when modified to use lockdown it is super high percentage (for me). I love when people try to twister pass before addressing the lockdown, I sually have to fight to get to lockdown octopus, aka locktopus, which is my strongest area.

Array

School
    Ronin
    How do you prevent the opponent from reaching this position? That is a great question.

Being a lockdown player myself, I usually get twister passed because I am not in Electric Underhooks. When you are playing lockdown the underhook is very important and making sure you are under your opponent, my coach always said, "Put your ear in his belly button."

However, without seeing what is happening not sure if I can trouble shoot preventing.

Okk thankss again I'll pay attention then to have the electrics underhooks

@ kevin giggs I didn't even know the existence of this octopus guard, but doing some research on youtube I found it very interesting. Where can I find something more? I'm mainly interested in what you called "locktopus" as a lockdown player, but unfortunately I didn't find anything on it on youtube. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Feffe View Post
    @ kevin giggs I didn't even know the existence of this octopus guard, but doing some research on youtube I found it very interesting. Where can I find something more? I'm mainly interested in what you called "locktopus" as a lockdown player, but unfortunately I didn't find anything on it on youtube. Thanks in advance!
    I haven't actually seen anyone else play it like I do. I keep meaning to record some of it to share, but I still feel like it needs a little more. Also I have to show up in the gym again. Next time I am at the gym, with free time and I remember I'll record a quick flow of entries, subs, sweeps, and counters. Dont hold your breath...

Ok then in the future if you want to share something about it here I would be very pleased thankss

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    I haven't actually seen anyone else play it like I do. I keep meaning to record some of it to share, but I still feel like it needs a little more. Also I have to show up in the gym again. Next time I am at the gym, with free time and I remember I'll record a quick flow of entries, subs, sweeps, and counters. Dont hold your breath...
    LOCKTOPUS guard sounds awesome man! Please make a quick vid. You can even make an unlisted one for just us here on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast