Array

School
    Detroit Academy of Martial Arts/Gracie University

Thoughts on training at multiple gyms??

I am new to jj. I have been going to a more traditional bjj academy (I know its sounds weird, but gis, gracies, etc.) And I have found a 10th planet near me. I want to continue at both, was wondering peoples thoughts on issues, pitfalls, what to watch for, etc that may arise or tips to being successful at it. Thanks to any with thoughts on this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ray go train with Adlai at 10th Planet Detroit, he is an amazing teacher, you won't be disappointed!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Detroit Academy of Martial Arts/Gracie University
    Ok I will get in contact thank you

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Ray go train with Adlai at 10th Planet Detroit, he is an amazing teacher, you won't be disappointed!
    Yup. What Coach Herzog said!

Array

School
    Leicester Shootfighters
    I don't train at a 10th Planet gym but every 10th Planet school I've visited has been really welcoming, whenever/wherever I want to drop in (Coach Casey in Vegas recently told me he thinks gyms should 'smash the walls down, and let everyone in'). Unfortunately, some more 'traditional' schools canhave an issue with it, and may even label you a 'creonte' (traitor) behind your back if they find out you were training with another local school without checking with their head coach first. If that happens, good luck being promoted by them. My advice would be to decide which school you want to be your 'main' school, and tell the coach that you want to mainly train/grade under them, but you'd also like to get a few rounds in elsewhere from time to time - as more of a test than anything. If he's happy with it (as most normal people should be), great! Train at both. If he's not (or he says it's fine but you get the feeling it's not), you're pretty much stuck there, so my advice would be to leave for another coach & school...10th Planet or otherwise.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    It can cause problems training at 2 different Jiu Jitsu schools, pick the one who’s coolest with it if it becomes a problem
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie