No gi vs Gi for white belts/bjj fundamental

Hi, I had a few questions. I did gi bjj for one year and reached blue belt. But I had a metabolic condition that forced me to quit BJJ. That was four years ago. Now that I feel everything is under control and pretty, I want to get back into bjj. Looking at Bjj schools around me, 10th planet has the best schedule for me. Would you say 10th planet is a good for white belts like me whose starting off fresh vs gi training school? I don't have any competition goals. I just want to roll again and maybe do some comps for fun, but mostly for fitness. I ask, because I have always read gi grappling makes your game tighter/technical. And I would like focus on a solid fundamental base. Anyways I think 10th planet is cool, thanks for any info.

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Hey! Glad to hear you are doing better! Having to quit training due to injuries or sickness definitely sucks.

Most of the 10th Planet moonheads are sticklers on basics and fundamentals and we are always welcoming beginners. You will be learning the same fundamentals minus the cloth dependent tug of war.

As far as the gi making your game tighter...bullshit. That's marketing crap that the gi schools love to tout. Most of our students do just as well in gi tournaments and sometimes better.

Best advice, try it out and see which method you prefer.

Can I ask which moon you are near?

Hi thanks for the advice. I was googling schools and suprised to see a 10th planet school in Seattle and it fits perfectly with my current schedule.

Array

School
    AFS Academy/10th Planet Richmond, Richmond, Ky.
    Ah, Seattle! That's Nathan Orchard! DEFINITELY take advantage of that opportunity. He's one of 10th Planet's top warriors. You will not be disappointed.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Nathan Orchard is a 10P legend, enjoy
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Mentally you can slow things down in the gi due to a lot more stalling between positions. On that sense it might clean up your game from a technical standpoint since you’ll have a greater appreciation for the battles within. The battles. It’s all literally the same Jiu Jitsu, body mechanics, etc. Natty Orchard is a baaad mother-effer. I vacationed out there once with the sole purpose of tracking with him a few days. He puts a good emphasis on takedowns in his warmups which is a good skill to have. You’ll get really good really quick under him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Simply put, before the water gets too clouded with acidotes: If you want to get better in the Gi, train in the Gi. If you want to get better in No-Gi, train No-Gi.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Hi 10th son! It sucks when you have injuries, I know. I had my mandible broken in a street fight by someone who was coward enough to hit with a rock. After that, I had to recover for a while and only after a year I returned to training. After an accident, it's important to have proper protection when training, to cover the damaged zone. If you or someone else will need a guide for BJJ equipment, check out BJJ Gi Reviews. They helped me a lot after returning to training. I wish you guys good luck on training and God bless you all.

The realest comment /thread lol