Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    I would love to see some more videos for the Horwich Prison Rape Conditioning Program, and maybe some shirts

HPRCP 4 Life!!!

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Jake View Post
    Don't confuse the fact that Chris shows a RG pass to mean that he's hatin on 10thP. I see Chris whenever he comes back to So Cal and he's never had a bad thing to say about Eddie. On the DVD Chris shows passes from just about every guard.

Now back to the RG pass, tell me your favorite way to pass. I always pass the way Chris shows - passing to the side where the foot is on the hip. Push the knee to the floor, knee slide and hide the back leg to avoid the carni.

Btw, watch how Nino Schembri deals with my carni in the latest episode of 'Rolled Up'.
    The Pace Choke/10th Planet Indy guys choke makes that pass dangerous even if the neck isn't cleared; however, that is how I usually pass RG.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Chris is a a very legit black belt with some sick jiu jitsu and some very forward thinking ideas. Any video that is talking about breaking the rubber guard does not make the the person making the video anti 10th Planet. If some guy can come along and show me (or you) how to smash 10th Planet techniques, I am ALL FOR it. Isn't that what we do in our classes and at HQ? Don't we encourage thinking outside of the box? It would be insane to think that even if we did EVERYTHING right executing the RG, that it would be impossible for someone to have a counter. I have yet to see a jiu jitsu move that doesn't have a counter (or at least the ability to kill a move in a transition).

"Jiu Jitsu is like chess. You can't stop your opponent from moving their pieces but you can make them move the WRONG piece."-Pedro Sauer
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    The Pace Choke/10th Planet Indy guys choke makes that pass dangerous even if the neck isn't cleared; however, that is how I usually pass RG.
    Yeah, I need to drill the Pace choke as people are already getting acclimated to the carni.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    I drilled the Indy guys' one from New York and was really surprised how shitty of a choke it is to be in. It's a fairly difficult situation to avoid getting into when you're passing RG. People will just have to start being very conscious of the opposite arm shooting across during passes.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Yeah, I remember trying something like that choke before but with just an ankle grip. Essentially it was a half assed 3/4 Guard attempt at an invisible collar choke. But once you switch to the Gable Grip it drastically gives you an insane level of torque to close off the space and make the choke.

The hard part will be finding an outsider to drill it on so that I'll get a month or two of free taps off of it before everybody adapts.

Link to this "Pace choke"?

Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Jake View Post
    Link to this "Pace choke"?
    The Pace Choke was an MMA choke preformed from a triangle setup with one leg trapped.

This is the video for the setup more applicable to this pass.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    So can you hit the Pace Choke from New York or is the harsh angle of their pass attempt necessary to finish the choke?

Array

School
    M1 Action Design
    i've been rolling with Chris lately and his guard passing is 2nd to none... his rubber guard passes and stalls are pretty good. The Jiu Jitsu game is huge, lots to learn.. rubber guard takes a while to get good at...i find most people give up on it way to fast.. you need to get the numbers in to make it work for you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast