Array

School
    home

pain after streching

i have been working on my flexibility tryin to get nice and loose for rubber guard. i have been streching for like 3 weeks everd night for like 3o min a night and i have alot of pain in my hips and groin . they feel really tight. (its been like 6 years since ive done alot of streching) do you guys have any idea what i could be/ what i did/ what i could do better. any advice would be nice.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    My hip and groin pain is related directly to my lower back. Usually the onset of one signifies the weakness of the other.

Array

School
    home
    yea i have alot of lower back pain i sliped a disk when i was playing highschool football. ive had pain ever since in my right groin. not that i started streching again my hips start to hurt

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Is the pain your describing similiar to muscle soreness?

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Treat beginning flexibility as weight training. Do it every other day instead of every day. Especially if you do 30 minutes

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Are you doing a good warm up before you stretch?? Stretching COLD muscles is a recipee for disaster...
    Dont expect results right away...it takes time to improve. Be consistent, and try to enjoy the process and the results will come.

Doing it 'harder" isnt going to make it come any faster. Be smart about it, slow and steady....get to that point where you feel the stretch go a little beyond that (but not too far) and back off. You dont want something good you are trying to do to lead to an injury because you are over zealous.. be safe

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Farmer Burns, Catch Wrestling icon and beast hero of mine from the past, suggests you take a few HOT baths or showers if you're feeling sore. It will help your body stay strong and help you rejuvenate. Saunas are awesome too. That's how Fedor is able to train like 7 days a week or so in cold bone snapping Russia. Also if you keep your meals simple, your body won't be expending so much energy digesting food and it can spend more energy healing. Also rest and not overdoing the stretching is a good idea...etc

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Some may find this helpful, I know I did.

http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/
    About Mobility WOD
    This blog is intended as a jump off point for athletes to systematically begin to address their nasty tissues and grody joint mobility. Be cool. Use at your own risk and stop if you think it's gonna hurt you, your spine is going to come out your throat, or your face goes numb. But, understand that you should be responsible for your own business. Don't wait until you need a new knee. Pony up.

Array

School
    home
    i did slip a disk when i was in hs and have had alot of back pain. it does seem to be a type of muscle soreness. i have tryed hot baths and all of that it does seem to help somewhat. what would you guys say a good warm up would be. i do it cold right b4 i go 2 bed. i cycle everday maybe i should do it after i get back from my ride. im gonna try what that guy was doing in the video