Thread: Lockdown in MMA

Lockdown in MMA

I'm often surprised watching MMA that more fighters don't use the Lockdown. It is not an ideal position to be in, and of course there are well-known counters to it, but it still gives the fighter on bottom some control, even if just for a few seconds to recover, and certainly seems better than using an open half-guard and being blasted with GnP.

Is there a reason it is not used more? My BJJ instructor always said that having some control is better than having none. When I see fighters get dropped or taken down and virtually turtle up, being punched from inside their open half-guard, it makes me wonder "why?".

because they are fool

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    Most the pros I've train with think its too open to strikes and when I show them the correct controls and head position they do seem open to it...... so yeh they fools

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Lockdown with tight perfect double unders is great for mma, but when training regular Jiu Jitsu people feel safer in Z guard because it’s harder to get choked. But in MMA it’s easier to get ko’d in Z. So they don’t play lockdown in mma because they don’t practice it in regular bjj training
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Some nice techs on display there man

Impressive