Array

School
    Blessington no gi school jiu jitsu ireland

How to stop knee slice through quarter guard

Edgie i need your help, i love lockdown and quarter guard but there is this guy with a killer knee slice, plus i do only no gi with shorts

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    learn to play deep half lockdown to go for electric stoner control sweeps or dogfight getups it really depends on which side their knee slicing too but those would be what i would do. get good using the knee slice to get backup in your base on the same side too that helps with getting up to dogfight or taking their back

Lets say he knee cuts towards your left, That means you need to block his knee with your right or under hook the other leg.

I like to use my right arm as a blocker so then i knee him in the ass he has to base on his hands giving him chance of knee slicing, The back step will be there but you will easy deal with that then you learn to do jedi mind trick or just follow him around on a single leg.

I feel the issue comes then you dont track the knee slice leg

Array

School
    Leverage Kuala Lumpur
    One way to counter the Knee Slice in Quarter Guard is to knee your opponent's butt, bridge, free your hip and then get up from the left side like in a Single Leg. Eddie has some tips on this on MTS. Renzo Gracie also has an excellent video on this...it also works when someone has knee on belly on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwtS5GipbRA

Hope this helps.