10th Planet Fundamental Instructionals

Hey, everyone. I am new to the 10th Planet Style of Jiu Jitsu. I've trained for about 4 years at a local gym on and off. I'm technically still a white belt due to some inconsistency (work, married, had a child, finances). I work at a Police Department and I have become a Defensive Tactics instructor (went through a course run by a black belt in BJJ). Anyways, I haven't been able to go back to the gym for quite some time due to all of these factors, which I'll eventually go back when I get things squared away. Our department bought some wrestling mats for training purposes. I have some other officers that come in and work the basic fundamentals (No-Gi). We live in a pretty small community, so they don't like going to a local gym due to some of the individuals they have dealt with. To them, it's uncomfortable and a somewhat hostile situation. Anyways, I've recently purchased the 10th P fundamental instructional videos to watch and drill with some partners. I know ideally it's best to be under the supervision of someone with more experience. I wanted to get opinions on if the instructional videos are more suited for more advanced practitioners or can any practitioners benefit from it? I love the 10th Planet style of grappling. I want to learn and I have some dedicated guys with some experience to help. I want to take my time, watch everything and train a specific set of drills and technique for months. I believe I have the knowledge of fundamentals. Would it be beneficial to learn from the instructional and drill it? Is it a waste of time? Can some of the newer guys drill and learn? Are the 10th P fundamentals, actually fundamental? I know this topic has come up more frequently than not. I've heard a lot of negative talk about 10th P, but I think the negative speakers probably haven't tried to learn. I'm very eager and am in need of some guidance. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you!