Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Protecting Your Junk

I know this was a thread on the old forum. I would like some opinion's. I will start training Jiu Jitsu tomorrow at a Awesome school. But after listening to Joe Rogan's Pod cast #60 I have some concern. Joe talks about Einstein breaking Joe's dick while training. I won't get into HOW Joe figures out he's OK! But, I would like to avoid this experience. So, I wondering...regular cup, baseball player cup, etc. ?

How about this?http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...roductid=21747

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Shockdoctor is the way to go but I prefer the old fashion jock strap. Much better than traditional baseball cups.

I actually rarely wear a cup. A lot of the big tournaments (all the IBJJF ones: Worlds, No-Gi Worlds, Pan Ams, No-Gi Pan Ams, etc.) don't let you wear them, and I've found that when I wear one I'm less inclined to protect my groin with good hip moveent and sometimes a hand if needed.

When you don't wear a cup, you naturally learn to protect yourself, and anyone that's a solid blue belt or higher is probably never going to smash your balls just because they don't spazz anymore. If anyone blue or higher smashes my nuts it's maybe once a year, and it's usually my fault.

I'd advise no cup, as crazy as that sounds... especially if you plan on competing seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    Shockdoctor is the way to go but I prefer the old fashion jock strap. Much better than traditional baseball cups.
    If you really gotta wear a cup, listen to this cat and snag a shockdoctor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I personally don't wear one and rarely ever get clipped. I can't honestly remember the last time it happend, had to be over a year or more.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Derby City MMA/ Ronin
    the last place I studied required it. I used a nutty buddy. It gives you a serious, gsp-esque package. no homo

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    Dude my cup smashes my butts more then if I don't wear it

Array

School
    Art of Jiu Jitsu, Costa Mesa,CA
    Hey Jack,

I had a similar Joe Rogan story happen to me but not as harsh and I didn't jack off to see if it still worked. My advice would be to get a soft cup. They might be hard to find but totally worth every penny. It is a foam material shaped cup which will protect you enough from knees and stuff. Also it will not effect your flexibilty because the cup is easily manipulated.

Array

School
    Rōnin

I wore a cup for my first year of bjj but since none of the black belts wore them - hell some of them didn't even wear underwear! - I stopped using a cup. Surprisingly it never bothered me not wearing it. I'm not sure if it's conditioning your junk or if you just learn to move better to keep them away from spazzy knees, but I've never taken a hard hit.

That said, if you're still going to get one, the shockdoctors are the top seller by FAR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast