Is my lockdown game not gonna work because I have one hand?

Hey all, I was born without my lower right forearm, still have an elbow and 4 inches of forearm but no hand. Think Nick Newell, if ya'll are familiar. Been training for about a year, more recently I've been getting into 10th Planet system and it's awesome, works so well for me.

As I've been studying MTS though, a question has emerged.

My question is; how much is not getting s-grip double unders from lockdown gonna impact my ability to control my opponent? I can get double unders, just not gonna be able to link them.

Follow up question; are there any one-handed guys or gals on the forum who might be able to point me to aspects of the 10th planet system that will integrate well with my body type?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I am willing to bet that you will find some limited success, but success none the less. You don't have to have perfect unders to play lockdown, it just helps make it better.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    The 10th Planet Grandfather, JJ Machado, is all about overhooks. I would check out his game on YouTube. Some 10P core concepts came from JJM’s style...pyramid/butterfly game, some sweeps, etc.

Hey Mike, thanks so much for the response - I was just watching your warmup videos, thanks for those too! As I thought then, I'm sure some of it will work, I can still get both underhooks, one is just shorter.

Seeing as you know the system so well, does anything spring to mind in terms of techniques that would suit a player in my situation? Just looking for any sort of broad areas I could investigate and see if they fit my body.

Cheers, Daniel - any tips on where to look first?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I think you can play the lockdown game just fine without a right hand. Just gonna have to do all the translations without clasping your hands together. Electric chair should still work fine
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

The man himself! Thanks, Eddie. I land the electric chair more and more these days, works fine. Appreciate the advice, you're the best.