Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been training for 11 years still 0 degree white belt

what is the point in training if u never progress

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I really only train to be better than I was the day before. When I was younger I cared about ranks, competitions and things like that but with age, family and work commitments my training purpose is different. At a session with Jacyn Flynn at the North West No-Gi Camp he asked everyone to write one sentence that described their Jiu-Jitsu. At the end of the session he went back to that thought and revealed his was: Jiu-Jitsu with purpose.

What is the purpose of your Jiu-Jitsu training? I find as long as I am training and practicing Jiu-Jitsu with purpose it is always satisfying and rewarding.

Array

School
    10th Planet Denver
    With 11 years of training you should be pretty damn confidant in your ability to defend yourself in a physical altercation. Thats what its about for me: Knowing that when shit hits the fan I can handle my shit.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    I used to care about getting some rank earlier in my jiujitsu journey. Now it doesnt even bother me...knowing that i can defend myself and beat most guys half my age is pretty damn good. I've been training for about 7 years in total with out rank. Life just gets in the way and the nearest 10thP is a little over 3hrs away in Austin. Curtis is an awesome instructor. I get a great workout and always learning there at 10P ATX.

i beat purple belts like my instructor so maybe he is mad

Array

School
    Ronin
    I was a white belt for over 11 years. I tapped a purple and brown belt the same day I tested for blue. If you want rank you need to find an instructor that will test you and you need to earn the trust and learn the testing requirements. Good for thought Matt Hughes has the same rank as you, go look at his fight with Royce.

how do u like a quote
    the above reply was epic

Array

School
    Kalsamrit Martial Arts
    Ultimate sandbagger!

Array

School
    BJJ & 10P Ronin
    I'd probably go out on a limb here and say that the problem probably isn't your skills. Your instructor is either looking for something else from you before they promote you, or they have something against you. Either way 11 years is a lot not to get a single stripe on a white belt. I'd look inwards before you look outwards...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Skill>Belts
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast