Residual pain from yeast infection

I had a vaginal yeast infection about 2 months before I took Myconostat. It seemed to work to get rid of the yeast, but I still have burning and irritation of the vulvular area, and it's been about 3 weeks since I used Myconostat 3. The yeast disappeared, but the pain remained. Can it be TMS? The dermatologist prescribed him a local steroid for a week, but it didn't help, and he didn't see any redness or irritation on the skin. Now he puts me on Econazole nitrate 1% cream externally only if there is still yeast outside (which I doubt, because I no longer have itching, only burning and no discharge). I've read about vulvodynia and how sometimes after a yeast infection, the nerves continue to send pain signals to the brain, even when there's no reason to. I'm familiar with Dr. Sarno's book, so I thought it might be TMS. Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks.

That's so weird that the symptoms are still here...

Array

School
    10th Planet Los Angeles
    You've already carried a research and attended your doctor, so maybe you'd like to try something else. Try to check this article on https://fruitfulkitchen.org/ as there is a 5 step program which may help you, just read it. It was useful for my younger sister, when she had yeast infection, our mother was claiming that if you once had this stuff, you'd have it for the whole life in kinda "sleeping" form. Moreover, the real reason may be not only in your reproductive system, but in something else. Think of it as your organism just doesn't like something you do. The main thing which you need to do is to get rid of something that bothers it, so try to check this source. I enjoyed reading this book as it's written pretty simple, the author of this book is a woman who experienced this thing as well, so she bases on her own way. Good luck in your treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by goliaph View Post
    You've already carried a research and attended your doctor, so maybe you'd like to try something else. Try to check this article on https://fruitfulkitchen.org/ as there is a 5 step program which may help you, just read it. It was useful for my younger sister, when she had yeast infection, our mother was claiming that if you once had this stuff, you'd have it for the whole life in kinda "sleeping" form. Moreover, the real reason may be not only in your reproductive system, but in something else. Think of it as your organism just doesn't like something you do. The main thing which you need to do is to get rid of something that bothers it, so try to check this source. I enjoyed reading this book as it's written pretty simple, the author of this book is a woman who experienced this thing as well, so she bases on her own way. Good luck in your treatment!
    I'd propose it to my girlfriend. She's been looking for a solution for a year now. I believe it'll help her.

Did you ever get resolve of your symptoms?

Array

School
    10th Planet Amsterdam (whenever I visit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalmind9 View Post
    I had a vaginal yeast infection about 2 months before I took Myconostat. It seemed to work to get rid of the yeast, but I still have burning and irritation of the vulvular area, and it's been about 3 weeks since I used Myconostat 3. The yeast disappeared, but the pain remained. Can it be TMS? The dermatologist prescribed him a local steroid for a week, but it didn't help, and he didn't see any redness or irritation on the skin. Now he puts me on Econazole nitrate 1% cream externally only if there is still yeast outside (which I doubt, because I no longer have itching, only burning and no discharge). I've read about vulvodynia and how sometimes after a yeast infection, the nerves continue to send pain signals to the brain, even when there's no reason to. I'm familiar with Dr. Sarno's book, so I thought it might be TMS. Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thanks.
    You may have something called vulvodynia (https://www.meandmyv.com/what-is-vulvodynia/). My wife suffered from this for 16 years (before healing from it 4 years ago).