Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to begin?

Where to begin?

Hi,

Im a new member and signed up to learn some techniques from 10th planet. I'm a bit confused as there is ALOT of content in the technique videos. How do you suggest I digest it all? Right now I'm using the approach of taking the technique from the video title, then going straight to it in the video. Is this a good way to learn?

Thanks in advance

Array

School
    Ronin
    Maybe start with one of the 10P systems like half guard, rubber guard, truck etc. Another idea or one you can do at the same time is learn the warm ups. Also the MTS videos are very good.

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    Jump in at the latest episode and work your way backwards. focus on learning the warmup system. search for terms as you learn about them. enjoy it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Start with the warm up flows. Once you've mastered those your question will have been answered
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

I have a similar question...I've been watching the most recent videos, and Eddie keeps mentioning to practice E B I O T; when he speaks of this, is it referring to those warm-ups?

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Lynch View Post
    I have a similar question...I've been watching the most recent videos, and Eddie keeps mentioning to practice E B I O T; when he speaks of this, is it referring to those warm-ups?
    EBI OT are the overtime rounds you see in EBI and Combat Jiu Jitsu tournaments. Eddie is saying that its important to practice back and spiderweb attack and defense. it makes a huge difference. even white belts have great defense after several months of OT rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1cGTSILnVM

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_Lynch View Post
    I have a similar question...I've been watching the most recent videos, and Eddie keeps mentioning to practice E B I O T; when he speaks of this, is it referring to those
    warm-ups?
    The warm up flows are warm ups A-H. The warm up flows are 10p Fundamentals. A
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

hey youssef, i might be in a similar situation as you're. i visit non-10p school and follow 10p for a while.
    at first i wanted to learn warmups as people here are suggesting, but due to covid situation and restrictions and the fact you need an uke for them i realized this is no go.
    so i bough a dummy, the one with legs bent from amazon, they cost something around 20bucks.
    then i picked an episode at some point of history where technique i was interested in was described an I am following videos from that episode to the newer ones.
    Follow each technique, even if you think it's not related. You will find out that eddie goes back to them few vids later creating a chain of attacks/progressions.
    I always take 2-3 techniques from the episode and drill them with a dummy. sometimes it takes few sessions to go through all of the techniques but i rather spend 15 minutes drilling one technique then trying out 5 techniques 3 times each.

when gyms are not locked due to restrictions i try to apply techniques during rolls. lower belts i can get easily, higher belts are often surprised (as they dont know these) sometimes they react in a good way and get away. If so i sit with them after a training trying to figure out where was my weak spot and the reason they escaped.
    Dummy is always a dummy so you will need to polish techniques with somebody made of flesh and blood.

Hi Youssef,

In my opinion, the best place to start is the basic Rubber Guard controls(Mission Control, Double Bagger, Crackhead Control, Homie Control etc.). Without having a good control there is no way you can transition to the finishes. Once you have the controls (and transitions between them) in place, now start adding the finishes. Soon you will have a game where you can finish from any of the control positions, or move to another control if you have to.
    Along with that what you can also develop is the whole half guard sweeping game (Old School, Plan B or even Dog Fight series).
    These 2 will give you a solid bottom game to begin with. At least thats what I am currently doing.
    Do let me know how it goes.

Susovan

Me and and my training partner have just got done with the B series and started on the warm ups a month ago.
    How long should we use before reaching the H series. We’re training 5 days a week 2 days with a lunch session and a afternoon session as well. In regards of training in a 10P school? Then how long would it take before you have been through all of them?

Best regards,
    Jakob
    Denmark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast