Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Head of Ronin group in Europe

10th planet ronin group, gimme your tips to sucess

Blue belt since 2 years. Due to moving from a city to small town there were absolutely no BJJ to find within a 2 hour drive (single dad with kid aswell). My old gym gave me really no support (Only if I pay €€€)in startup affiliation and therefore Ive decided to break off and go my own way with a non profit Nogi club. We've been up and running for 12 months now. About 12 adults currently training. Doing 2 nogi sessions + 1 CJJ session a week. Also 1 kids session per week with about 8-9 kids. Just went pro Member to acess MTS.What are your recipes for sucess?

Edit* forgot to mention me just not feeling any love for the GI. Like, ever. Even after winning GI torneys I still prefered rolling NOGI and rubberguard, twister and lockdown are major staples of my game atm.
    Last edited by Badaboum; 07-25-2021 at 01:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Array

School
    CDK Paris
    Hi, what do you call success?
    I m in the same situation I have a 10p ronin group too.
    I think the best way is to teach warm up, also live drill are so important.
    Where are you in Europe ?
    Renaud
    Instagram : @renaudcdk10

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Bulgaria
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    Sportschule Kaminari, future 10th Planet Düsseldorf
    I'm leading a ronin group for about 5 or 6 years at least now. Consistency is key for me. Build a group of people you can rely on. Build relationships to your students and to someone you can call master or mentor. Build connections to the 10th Planet family, in Europe aswell as in the USA or other parts of the world. Last but not least use every opportunity to learn, dont be shy to learn from different people from various scholls or affiliations: as Amir Alam and BMAC say: "the lockdown isn't the 10th Planet Gospel, an open mind is the 10th planet gospel"
    and don't be a copycat. What works for others, doesn't have to work for you. As for technique, and for your approach to busines, structure, philosophy etc.

cheers from germany
    Ralf "Germanator" Warneking Bluebelt, located at Sportschule Kaminari Düsseldorf, Germany

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Cheers
    We live on a bowl.

Similar have story on my end here. No school withing 3 hours of me. But there is a big lack of interest from locals to start a ronin group. Due to family situations traveling or relocating is close to impossible at this time.

Array

School
    BJJ & 10P Ronin
    Are 10P Ronin Groups what used to be Hotboxes? I knew that Hotboxes were known to the 10P Network, but are 10P Ronin Groups just guys training in the system without an instructor or any link to the 10P Network? Ie. The Master-less Samurai.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
    Are 10P Ronin Groups what used to be Hotboxes? I knew that Hotboxes were known to the 10P Network, but are 10P Ronin Groups just guys training in the system without an instructor or any link to the 10P Network? Ie. The Master-less Samurai.

yes they are
    Last edited by LuT; 09-02-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    We live on a bowl.

Array

School
    BJJ & 10P Ronin
    Thanks for clarifying, LuT.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    My advice to anyone who wants to be part of the system and the 10th Planet Association as a whole should commit to driving as far as possible, even if it be hours. I made the choice to commit to it and I drive 2 hours after work and 2 hours back home once or twice a week hitting both fundamental classes and also regular classes so as to make for four classes weekly at best and two at worst. Hitting open mats and cross training with friends etc keeps me at least somewhat sharp. So it’s possible, just depends on how much a person wants to actually commit to it. Remember, when you do what no one else is willing to do, you will see results that no one else sees. Wishing each of you a clear path towards your goals! ��������

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast