Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Gracie Barra hate story

I started out with G.B. it was super traditional everyone was Gi only to even mention no-gi training was considered disrespectful. I was actually pushed out of G.B school back in the day for saying Eddie Bravo style was cool. Oh man do they hate that. But nowadays guess who teaches No-Gi Jiu Jitsu? I was labeled a disrespectful traitor for suggesting that we should try that “Eddie Bravo” stuff flash forward all the Gracie Barra premium schools are teaching Jiu Jitsu without the Precious cloth! WTF! What a bunch of hypocrites. Just noticed that G.B online even offers a No-Gi course. Times have changed I guess. Does that mean that Team G.B is disrespecting the Grandmaster Carlos Gracie Sr? I was told the Gi was how we pay respect to his traditional ways. I guess time will prove us weird followers of Eddie Bravo right. I am definitely 10th Planet 4 life and if they have issues with I will twister them one by one!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Finecey View Post
    I started out with G.B. it was super traditional everyone was Gi only to even mention no-gi training was considered disrespectful. I was actually pushed out of G.B school back in the day for saying Eddie Bravo style was cool. Oh man do they hate that. But nowadays guess who teaches No-Gi Jiu Jitsu? I was labeled a disrespectful traitor for suggesting that we should try that “Eddie Bravo” stuff flash forward all the Gracie Barra premium schools are teaching Jiu Jitsu without the Precious cloth! WTF! What a bunch of hypocrites. Just noticed that G.B online even offers a No-Gi course. Times have changed I guess. Does that mean that Team G.B is disrespecting the Grandmaster Carlos Gracie Sr? I was told the Gi was how we pay respect to his traditional ways. I guess time will prove us weird followers of Eddie Bravo right. I am definitely 10th Planet 4 life and if they have issues with I will twister them one by one!
    People are tribal by nature. Don't take it to heart and don't let it stunt your growth in the arts. Learn, respect, ignore when necessary , but most importantly grow.