Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New guy here with some questions

I'm a 31 year old dude looking to start training some Jiu Jitsu. I live in the Tampa area, so no 10th planet for me .

This might be a weird question but here goes: I'm about 5'10". I have short legs for my height(28" inseam). With a yoga and stretching regimen, will I be able to pull off rubber guard techniques, or am I just wishfully dreaming?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can share.

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Unless you have any previous injurys or conditioning which would limit the range of motion in your joints then there is no reason why you cannot attain the flexibility required for rubber guard. The key is hip flexibility not the shape of your legs. However it requires alot of dedication so you need to be in it for the long haul. That kind of flexibility requires ALOT of practice but it is definetly achievible if you really want it.

Array

School
    Home
    You sould come to the chris Herzog seminar in orlando this sunday. There are still some spots open. 60 bucks Talk to Nelson Lucca or herzog for more information

Money is pretty tight with the holidays, but will talk to the boss(wife) and see what I can do.

Array

School
    Home
    Sounds good. And welcome to 10th Planet also. Glad to have a new member. You should have no problem with rubber guard like james said if u have no pre-existing conditions

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    I have terrible flexibilty in my legs an issue with my right hip, yet I am still able to pull rubber guard so you should have no problem catching on quick if you dedicate yourself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    I'm also 31 and am 5'9" and can use rubber guard. Height and age make no difference. Neither does having short legs. So no worries!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by James III View Post
    Unless you have any previous injurys or conditioning which would limit the range of motion in your joints then there is no reason why you cannot attain the flexibility required for rubber guard. The key is hip flexibility not the shape of your legs. However it requires alot of dedication so you need to be in it for the long haul. That kind of flexibility requires ALOT of practice but it is definetly achievible if you really want it.
    this, and welcome to the family!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Come find out, Sunday, tomorrow, HERZOG, 60 bucks. First time 10th Planet is in central Florida. Will be the last time too... I mean, until we get 99 more die hards ; )

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Welcome to the family. I'm 43 with a broken down wore out body and I pull rubber guard like a mad man including crackhead and invisible collar. With a good work ethic and time you can do it.

And dartangan is still one of the coolest names ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast