Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I definitely don't know him. He gives me a used car salesman vibe. If he just owned a school and taught, more power to him. But vids? But sure, he mite be a wonderful human being. I just think he's tryin to cash his chips too soon. Bandwagonny, if you will. Just my biased opinion.

Your opinion and perspective are just as legit as anyone's.
    Thanks for the response.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Shuichiro Katsumura's Mastering the Ninja Choke DVD has rubber guard to ninja choke.
    Attacking the Guard DVD by Josh Barnett has what he calls snapping the rubber guard
    Nogi Guard Passes DVD with Chris Brennan has his rubber guard pass

Array

School
    None
    My friend once made an instructional for his high school Spanish class, where he taught mission control to Jiu claw. That counts, right?

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    is the rubber guard really all that bad for your knees? I would assume if you take the time to develop enough flexibility your in the clear....

Quote Originally Posted by podsandgods
    is the rubber guard really all that bad for your knees? I would assume if you take the time to develop enough flexibility your in the clear....
    Ask the dudes at hq. See what the injury rate is/student.

It's not a DVD but Aoki's book has some rubber guard in it also:

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...07&cat=&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas White View Post
    Haha yeah. That whole DVD hes bashing RG calling it funky weird shit that will destroy your knees. To each his own I suppose.
    Thats incorrect, he makes one comment (the DVD is about 6 hours long) that he feels like that position is substituting flexibility for hip movement. He never "bashes" anything - he gives a quick opinion ona one position as do 100 other people in their DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    None, unless it's gi, other than Rigan Machado from what I've seen. But, I haven't seen even 1/10th of what's on YouTube. Not a 'YouTube for grappling' fan.

Ryan Hall has some in his Triangle DVD, but he's only begging folk not to do it. *sigh*.

But Ryan is a special case. He moved away from Loyd Irving, but it is only because of Irving's nasty gorilla marketing that made Ryan noticeable as a brown belt over tons of other very competent brown belts.

Now because of said history, Ryan is making a killing with DVDs, but leaving behind the guy who's efforts made him a grappling household name.
    It couldn't have been Ryan winning Mundials at Brown Belt could it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    @Andrew I'm not trying to pick at you at all when I ask, do you only reply to threads that Ryan Hall is a part of??? I dont think I have seen you post anything else. I'd like to hear about your gym and training with Ryan. I'm a fan of his and have rolled with him before, I got nothing but respect for him.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    I think Rener Gracie's basic Triangle setup in stage 1.5 of the punch block series in the combatives is a lot similar to the Pyramid, but that's the closest thing that comes to mind other than the Cheech and Chong pass on youtube (but that's not a DVD) but that may have already been mentioned already and I didn't read the responses thoroughly because my coffee shop is closing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast