Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by FiErCe_oNi View Post
    iv been trying something new recently that seems to work pretty well... i push the elbow of the arm that isnt inside the triangle with both of my palms, in translation putting that opposite arm across my hips. it allows me to cut the angle easily while getting rid of my opponents ability to use most of their defensive tactics by taking their free arm out of the picture.
    Hall shows something similar in his dvd. He underhooks the outside arm and grabs the inside of his knee to turn the angle, he uses that if the opponents leg is not easily accessible to get perpendicular.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Hall shows something similar in his dvd. He underhooks the outside arm and grabs the inside of his knee to turn the angle, he uses that if the opponents leg is not easily accessible to get perpendicular.
    yeah i watched his dvd and began using that method, but i ran into a roadblock against more advanced players that would just push their elbow into my face or wouldnt let me get the underhook by keeping their arm tight. it seems like that problem doesnt really exist if i just push their elbow away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123