School
    10th Planet HQ
    not a good sign, good luck tho
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Dammit sensei, always on the same thread I'm about to post on, lol. Yea, this a funny one, I had one of these GF's a few years ago and it's going to be the same across the board whether it's jiu-jitsu, football, poker, anything a guy wants to do to be in his own space and relax; there will be estrogen interference. Now, you have have the TALK with her and explain that this makes you happy and she should want to make you happy, so therefore she should support what you love so that you can love her just as much. Keep ur pimp hand half raised as you discuss this so she knows your serious. Also, this TALK seems to go beyond the relationship with you and your girl, seems like the married with children life is a huge life change you gotta be passionate about making. Being locked in the grid can be a bit of a hum drum existence (working long hours, trying to impress people you don't know, etc.), but when your in love and your kids are your motivation then I guess it's worth it. Anywho, this is all just opinions based on our experiences so keep a level head go with your gut.

Array

School
    Yemaso Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    "Flow with the go my friend, flow with the go"

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by aj camacho View Post
    be yourself and all else is incidental. This really isn't about jiujitsu, it's about her neediness and her insecurities. The sad part is that if you try to engross yourself and excel at anything she will be there to constantly drag you back. She essentially will not support anything you do unless she is at the center of it.

Just do what you do and people will either come along or get left behind.
    money.

AJ- agreed

Budo jake - when will budo video give me that option and can i get a discount code ???

Eddie Bravo - thanks for the words

Compella - she got the talk it went some thing like look ive got some "hunter" dna in me i need to go with my boys and chill out and get rid of these "hunter" urges and to do that due to lack of woolly mammoths i got to either lift heavy things ,run a long distance or tap dudes out to sort these urges out please dont try and make me a "gatherer" i dont feel the need to be around abunch of people all the time making small talk nor do i need to be in a crowded shopping centre with more "gatherer's" gatherering more items that serve no real world purpose

Sarah - got a hot sister that wants to move down under

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    Everyone gets the same talk, balance is key.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Oh my I really like that hunter speech. Consider it borrowed.

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Haha. My brother-in-law and I always catch heat from our gf's when we hang out because we talk about jiujitsu, mma, fighting, etc. It's like we get put on Jiu jitsu "time-out."

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Well, before you dismiss what she is saying, you should give it a little thought.

Did she know you before you got into Jui-jitsu? Is is possible that you are devoting too much of our time towards jui-jitsu at the expense of other things?

I enjoy jui-jitsu too, I also enjoy playing poker, and I like playing video games, but at the same time, I have to make sure that I'm taking care of other things in my life like my career and my family. Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Just think about it and make sure that you have a balance in your life that is sustainable.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Haha. Ditto on the hunter/gatherer analogy. We are definitely not the gatherers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast