Can you Canadian BJJers answer enlighten me???

How is it so hard to get MMA sanctioned in parts of Canada and how can they fire Sean Pierson from being a cop in Toronto, yet GSP has won 3 straight Canadian athlete of the year awards???? Canadian MMA fans are nuts about the sport. Why can't the sanctioning bodies get the picture?

Array

School
    Ronin
    You could ask the same question about N.Y. bro. Its pretty strange tho.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Im pretty sure it has something to do with the u in colour, flavour, etc.

Array

School
    NA
    eh, i think canada will come around eh

Array

School
    Ronin
    Lol Its def the "U". As far as I heard he couldnt be a cop and a MMA fighter at the same time but its not like he can never be a cop now that he is going to fight. Just because the fans are nuts about MMA doesnt mean polititions will be. What provinces is it illegal in? I thought it was all good after Ontario

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    I think its gay, but the police in Canada have a descretion in any other job a cop works. My old lady worked for the opp and to even own a clothing store shed have to get permission first. Also Seans ring name used to be pimp daddy, which I hear they had a problem with. That being said a buddy of mine Rich Nancoo (also a great Mma fighter and bjj bb) is good friends with Sean and told me he's apparently hired with the fire depot now.
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    Ronin
    Nice good for Sean. Fire fighter is probably better excercise.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    Well theres some doctors organization thats against legalization of both professional mma and professional boxing. They're lobbying pretty hard to get it banned again.
    plus we had some guy, Ken Hyashi; something like that, chairing the ontario athletic commision and he said mma violated our criminal code(which u COULD make that agrument, based on glove size vs prize fighting, something like that i think), but other provinces haVE decided to interprete the code differently. With a bunch of groups lobbying for legalization in ontario, the prov. government finally decided to give a green light once they realized how much money they can make off it.

Thats my understanding of it anyway.