Thread: Tournament..

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Tournament..

I was asked to go to a tournament on the 17th and i had some questions. Ive never been to one before so im not sure how it works. But I know that my biggest concern is my cardio. I'm good for a match or two, but after that there's going to be a LOT of stalling. Does anyone know how the time frame for matches usually works? like is there a set time to rest between matches or do you just have to pace yourself? and also is sitting allowed anymore? i heard you cant do it, then i hear you can but only after you make contact (handshakes count), and then i hear you cant at all. So do i need to start drilling takedowns or is sitting actually acceptable? if not does pulling guard lose you points? And im not sure if tournament rules vary from tourny to tourny or not, so this might not even be able to be answered. but i dont know the name of the tournament so i cant look it up. I just know its in columbus on the 17th. (also i heard twisters were banned now too. is that true?)

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Adult times are usually 4-5 minutes depending on the association. They have a rules meeting and you can ask questions prior to the matches. Twister is usually legal in most adult divisions. Good Luck!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Dude, just go, learn, and roll like you practice. Start from standing now on during training. Most time pulling guard does not lose points. Best way to learn tourneys is to enter them.

Warm up before! break a sweat. Good luck

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu-jitsu Corona/ AOK
    Tuff-N-Uff
    Whats up Nibiru Fam! If you all of you don’t know. 10th planet jiujitsu Riverside, will be participating in Tuff-N-Uff on Friday, January 7th 2011.This is huge opportunity for 10th Planet Riverside to take on the talent in which the fight capital of the world, Las Vegas can offer. If you are ready to be entertained and watch a fight team go 5 and 0, this is your chance. Fighting on Friday will be Trace”Midnight" Grey , Casey Picard , Raul”Raw”Sandoval , Ricco “Phoenix”Santana, and Rick”the Machine”Borden. If you are interested post back.

One Love,
    Jeremy “Jitsu” Fields
    Good Training,
    Jeremy "j.jitzu" Fields
    Black Belt
    Instagram:@jjitzu
    Facebook: Jeremy jiu jitsu Fields
    www.10thplanetjjcor.com