Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    First of all G.S.P.s stand up is way over rated he got dropped by a 4' tall 155lbs jiu jitsu guy. "G.S.P. is the best wrestler in mma" this statement is false and I would almost venture to say stupid and insulting to a lot of high leval wrestlers in mma but G.S.P. could very well have the best take downs in mma. There is more to wresteling than just the double and single leg take down. I should remind some of you guys G.S.P. is a legit Gracie Barra black belt and he proved it against Dan Hardy. Dan Hardy only survived that fight because he is a BEAST! and one tough s.o.b. G.S.P.s game plan for every fight is to take his opponet down, believe it! He will take Kos down and he will take Shields down. If he did try to stand with Shields I believe Shields would find a way to get it to the ground but it doesnt matter because G.S.P. will take it there for him. Now once it hits the ground it will be an entertaining fight. I really want to believe Shields will pull out the submition. I will be rooting for him and its possible but who knows you can bet against G.S.P.
    I guess no one ever gets caught. Matt Serra landed a lucky punch. What other time was GSP caught with a punch like that? When was the last time you saw Jake submit someone off of his back? If GSP does decided to take this fight to the ground I don't think that he has to worry about Jake submitting him. GSP will finish Jake in round 3 or 4 by GnP or TKO.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I was just about to comment on that same quote. I agree with chuck Gsp just got caught. I hate it when people say he has a weak chin because Matt Serra never hit it. He was hit in the temple and lost his equallibrium. Gsp has been taking everyone down for some time now but it wouldnt be a big suprise to me if he aims to Ko Kos in montreal. He has not been impressed with his own performances as of late and will try to make a huge statement in front of his home crowd.

Jake Sheilds it has to be

Array

School
    blank
    i don't think GSPs striking is overrated, its just that he has great strikes from a distance. he doesn't strike from in the pocket, serra got in close and caught him.

Array

School
    Ronin
    If he "just got caught" by Matt Serra why did he feel the need to take him down in the first 10 SECONDS of the rematch. who is the last person he knocked out matt huges 4 yrs ago? Who else has he knocked out? B.J. Penn beat him in the stand up in there first fight. When is the last time he went one round with out taking his opponet down. I never said G.S.P.s stand up sucks. Hes great at using it to set up take downs. He gets away with alot because of his speed. Im just saying by a lot of peoples accounts on this thred and other people its over rated.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    If he "just got caught" by Matt Serra why did he feel the need to take him down in the first 10 SECONDS of the rematch. who is the last person he knocked out matt huges 4 yrs ago? Who else has he knocked out? B.J. Penn beat him in the stand up in there first fight. When is the last time he went one round with out taking his opponet down. I never said G.S.P.s stand up sucks. Hes great at using it to set up take downs. He gets away with alot because of his speed. Im just saying by a lot of peoples accounts on this thred and other people its over rated.
    He took him down because GSP's has a smothering top game and excellent passing. Even though Serra is great at Jiu Jitsu, it's not like he has been able to transition that part of his game to MMA. Serra's last true submission win was in 2002. Serra's only chance to win both times was a "Punchers chance." Everyone knows that Serra has some good power in his hands. He simply caught GSP behind the ear and put him down in their first fight. So GSP went the smart route and took him down. If I remember correctly the last time GSP stood a whole round was in his fight against Alves. I'm not saying GSP's stand-up is world class. However I think GSP's stand-up is better than most give him credit for. I think is stand-up is pretty good but what makes it dangerous is takedown ability. It his opponent have to worry about being taken down which makes him tentative.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123