Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute

Jake Sheilds vs GSP

Let's give this fight some serious thought. If Sheilds beats Kampmann, we all know GSP is next in line. George is not one to take advantage of his strong point (which would be stand up, in this fight). So I really expect this fight to end up on the ground. If it does, who wins? I think Jake's ground game has drastically improved over the years and if given the opportunity, could very well submit GSP. So who's your pick?
    I've got Sheilds by submission, rd 3.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    I'm with you on that one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Hah i love the assumption that GSP will run thru Kos

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I haven't seen Shields' work. You think his standup is better than GSPs?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Kampmann tko rd 2. Can't sleep on him either. Anyway you look at it we're in for some good fights.

Gsp unanimous decision, if it happens.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Shields' stand up is horrible. But he makes up for it BIG time with everything else.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Then GSP should strike. IMO, if you want to kill a shark, you don't jump in the water and try to bite him.

Array

School
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com
    Will Sheild's be able to take GSP down? If yes interesting fight, if no GSP will TKO him.. Sheilds last 5 fights have been 3 subs (Thompson,Daley,Lawler) and two 5 round unanimous decisions (Miller,Henderson)

I disagree with some of you, GSP is the best wrestler in the UFC and he didnt start wrestling till he got into MMA, he didnt wrestle in high school, college or anywhere. He is a natural athlete!! He takes people down at will and is very hard to take down. You think Jake Shields will submit GSP? Helllllll Nooooo!! BJ Penn one of the greatest grapplers in MMA couldnt do it. GSP passed his guard with ease and controlled hm on the ground for 4 rounds. And BJ Penn has an awesome guard!!! GSP is a good (not great striker), definitely better striker than Shields. Dont get me wrong i went to high school with Jake Shields and i cheer for him when he fights but GSP is my favorite fighter. You cant doubt the man!! As for Koscheck, well i agree dont underestimate him, he wont be the same fighter GSP fought the last time. He's a tough dude!! But i'm taking GSP TKO in the first 10 seconds over Koscheck!! Just kidding!!! I'm taking GSP in the 3rd round TKO (referee stoppage)

I think Sheilds can get the td, maybe not as easily as gsp can, either way though sheilds will end up on top and get the sub. He has the size not to get pushed around, a good enogh chin not to get ko'd great wrestling and an incredible ground game. It would be a good fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast