Array

School
    Ronin

A Little help with the Twister please

Finally manage to pull off a twister in MMA training the other day

A few days before this I got real close to tapping my bjj instructor, got to the truck then moved in for the twister but I couldn't get the arm around the back of my head, any tips?

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Study then rep the final 3 steps in MTT. Rep Rep Rep Rep Rep Rep Rep. Then Rep against full resistance. Rep Rep Rep Rep Rep Rep.

Array

School
    N/A
    Maybe you can use your lockdown on the leg in baseball bat control by swinging up then kicking down and using that momentum to push your body up. This enables you to get your back slightly off the ground then from their you quickly use the space to put the arm behind your head and trap it right away.
    Sometimes your oppopent will be able to read your movements so try to mix it up a little bit. If the twister isn't going your way then go back to the truck for leg locks and such. Your opponent will start to defend leg locks then you catch their arm and twister them quick. You can also transition to the back as another option.
    But other than that make sure you rep the final 3 steps correctly and not half ass it.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Robson View Post
    ...got to the truck then moved in for the twister but I couldn't get the arm around the back of my head, any tips?
    Did he 'run-away' from you (Spin out) or was he locking up his grip? If he runs NINJA to back son (RNC)! If he's locking up his grip thats an entirely other matter... BOLT CUTTER, IRON PALM. Personally like to fuck with foot locks on his free leg and catch his right hand/arm with my right hand (Provided your left leg is laced and is right leg is free) when he reaches to defend. Don't hook thru with the left or near side, it's not wrong, but Eddie changed that a while back and I think its much more efficient... Less Bolt Cutting, High nooning etc

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Check out 39 minutes into the new MTS episode.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Cheers guys really appreciate the tips and the video was awesome! just what i was looking for. Thanks Chris! and in response to Neale - yea he was locking his grip up, just had no idea how to break it, knew i had to get to baseball bat control but had no idea to get there :S. hehe I'm such a noob!

Array

School
    N/A
    Wow badass technique video Chris! Man I only got the books and dvd so I don't get much exposure to the updated techniques. I really hope there can be a compilation database on this site with all the updated stuff that is not in the books or dvds.