Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    That's terrible man. You should get a copy of your contract and see what the clauses are to get out of it. You could potentially fake a move across country or something of the sort. My school rolls everyday and you can definitely tell the difference in competition, it really seems like others aren't ready for us. If all else fails, attempt to diplomatically convince your instructor to allow rolling time as it is really the only way to truly test the technique. Also roll with your friends man, spend time teaching them what you know and then roll them to get mat time. If theres a will theres a way bro, talk to Bobby Rivers. He virtually made me and then we went to the MMA school here for extra training partners and to refine technique. Also...just because you like 10th Planet doesn't mean you can't like Gracie as well. It seems as though that was your best option, all money aside.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    stnl: it's called ram and they own you, 3 yr contract to roll no gi, I am stuck in a contract. and I'm known all over as the trial class guy.lol cuz when i had no job thats how i trained. i know all the gyms in lynchburg and this place is the only one affordable. and the dues are still keeping me broke. I went there cuz my 10thp closed. Thanks again for the input.
    You signed a 3year contract? Or the place you dont want to go has 3 year contracts? Also, out of curiousity, where is the guy who was running your old spot? Maybe he will do some garage trainging or the like?

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    ram wants a 3 yr contract to roll no gi, Neale of course runs 10thp morgantown, which as soon as money is straight ill be up there for a couple of days. no fuck a 3yr anything i'm 25. lol

A three year contact is crazy.............

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    !0thp lynchburg closed due to lack of students, pretty much.
    hey will, I wanted to say that Neale had to close lynchburg for some very personal reasons out side of the school closing. He left his original school and went into a town where he was unknown and that was already full of other gyms. he chose a beautiful location and paid higher than normal rent as to set a standard that is tpjj. he struggled with his decision and he and I spoke hours about how hard it was for him to have to make the decision to close and return to morgantown. And I can tell you without a doubt that leaving you behind was one of the hardest things he had to do. He truly enjoyed having you as a student and I can completely understand your frustration on this matter because his telling me his plans made my plans that much more harder to acheive, as you well know, I was trying to train there as often as money would allow. I'm sure you understand all of this and I didnt have to tell you, but I wanted others unaware of the situation not to draw the wrong conclusions. I am really glad that I got to know you and hope to see you again someday. stay true and train hard....

frank-kneebar-james lol (inside joke)

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    always

Array

School
    Avalanche MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Philips View Post
    Start buying your own mats. Turn your friends into 10p.
    precisely. i love my gym i train 4 nights a week. but even still i either go to the games center or public gym, and roll with some friends/training partners whenever i can. i really try to overkill it, get as much practice in as i can, and stretch when im not working out, and watch instructionals when i stretch, and daydream about techniques when im watching videos, and so forth lol. anyways do what u can, even if its just with a friend in his basement. if hes WILLING to roll with u, its probly more benificial than the school ur in, no offense to anyone.

Just to get this straight; you're the new guy there at the gym, you smash everyone there and you're already challenging the instructor? Wow, sounds like you're really repping 10th planet greatly. Ever hear of positional free rolling, maybe working out of things so you can learn new moves and escapes and give the other guy opportunity to work? Sounds to me like you're being a
    douche bag tough guy.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    I never challenged my instructor sir, I smash respectfully, I've never been to a gym where the instructor didn't roll. Sorry you're reading this wrong, it's more of a comparision of coming from a 10thp school to being a ronin again. and being disappointed of my peers progression. and me being a baby about it. I need a challenge to progress. now at the time of this post I can tell you alot of my fellow students are ,gettin way more aggressive. and I'm enjoying it way more thanks for asking Mr.Kipness. Saying that it sounds like i'm being a douche bag tough guy is rather disrespectful, and isn't very positive critizicism, and not a great way to conduct a dialog on the 10thp forum after the whole "the man" dibacal we need to step back and think before we type. thanks for your input.

No offense sir, but that is what it was sounding like to me. The way you worded it, to me you came across as a douche bag and whining because your instructor didn't want to roll with you. Not every instructor can be Marcelo Garcia and roll with everyone. Some instructors are great at teaching and suck at actual rolling. Their technique is flawless while instructing and he has the knowledge of 10 black belts but maybe it never clicked for him while rolling. Perhaps that is his dilemma. You can see that right?

I could give two shits about the "the man" debacle you are talking about. I'm no where near that guy and for you to even compare me to him is asinine and a real dick move. I'm not trying to pretend i'm a rank i'm not, nor am I trying to be tough and challenge you to a street fight. I'm probably the most humblest guy you'll ever meet in person.

Keyboards don't convey emotion very well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast