Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Hey Chris, Thanks so much for posting these. I just got back from the Fan Expo and I really wish I had read these before hand. This is answering so many questions I have about competition.

Array

School
    10th planet
    wow this was amazing! thank you for writing this, I really appreciate it.

Array

School
    Looking for one - Mississippi
    Thanks a lot for posting this. Very informative for those of us who are new to competing or heck probably good tips for just about everybody.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    herzog ,your the man...hope to see more articles by you.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Get the fuck outta my head! Brilliant.

Though, one thing I'm finding out. Is I would rather lose trying to finish, then win by manipulating the rules. Sure, I bitched the entire way home. But he was defending the entire time and he got points when I pulled guard. Apparently his hand was near my leg when I pulled it- 2 points. No points for sub attempts, he was gurgling in a gogo, then pulled out of a straight jacket transition(squeeze your knees when attempting. He won fair and square, because he knew the rules/game, and I just wanna finish. I'm comfortable with that.,. till next comp. fuck losin

I wish you were near- nohomo

Array

School
    10th planet Birmingham UK
    very good articles Chris, thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Thanks guys. And Bob allthough I agree the article is for success, read that as "winning". They are many out there that try to win within the the scope of the rules only, know the rules and know how to play your game within the rules, and then you can maximize your chances of winning by submisison (I.e. know how many points you get for sweeping, passing, sub attemps, etc.). If your play your game and are ahead on points you have a little cushin to attack harder for submission in case you get swept or countered, you will still be ahead and you can continue to attack looking for the finish, rather than trying to play catch up.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

sweet posts thanks for the info

Array

School
    Lovund
    Thanks for the amazing articles!
    I will have good use for this when I start competing this summer

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Ty Chris. This was informative and helpful. If you have any good CrossFit training routines/links/suggestions that would be awesome too. Those guys are monster athletes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast