Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sparks View Post
    Oh no, I do have a voice when I don't vote. Mine just isn't as loud as the person that you gave your voice too. But when that guy starts doing whatever he wants & doesn't list to what his own people tell him, you have no voice because you gave your voice to him. I on the other hand can complain all I want because I kept my voice, I didn't trust my voice in the mouth of someone that I have never met & someone that I myself don't control.
    You post youtube videos while you sit at home and think that is having a voice. When really, the ONLY voice is political participation, either through voting or rebellion. If a candidate doesn't do anything the people who voted for them say (constituency) they likely won't get re-elected. That's why we have elections every few years and not once every 20 years.
    You're point that voters give their voice away while you somehow are holding onto your voice shows that you really have no realistic concept of politics at all. You have a fuck you" attitude and are too apathetic to really understand why the shit you are saying doesn't make any sense.

I agree that the bi-party system is screwed-up and isn't benefiting anyone.
    But your "idea" wouldn't do anything.. Don't you see that? You don't think "millions" of Americans don't vote every election??
    It doesn't matter, it only makes the votes of those who do stronger. Tons of people not voting isn't an idea. Everything continues as normal, only you think you've duped the government keeping your opinion (which matters nothing politically) to yourself.

You either change the system by voting (using the system), or you reinvent the system through revolution/action.
    Neither of those options is thinking you're holding onto your voice, while doing absolutely nothing, and continuing to use all the services of the government you think is so dysfunctional and stupid.

Array

School
    NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    You post youtube videos while you sit at home and think that is having a voice. When really, the ONLY voice is political participation, either through voting or rebellion. If a candidate doesn't do anything the people who voted for them say (constituency) they likely won't get re-elected. That's why we have elections every few years and not once every 20 years.
    You're point that voters give their voice away while you somehow are holding onto your voice shows that you really have no realistic concept of politics at all. You have a fuck you" attitude and are too apathetic to really understand why the shit you are saying doesn't make any sense.

I agree that the bi-party system is screwed-up and isn't benefiting anyone.
    But your "idea" wouldn't do anything.. Don't you see that? You don't think "millions" of Americans don't vote every election??
    It doesn't matter, it only makes the votes of those who do stronger. Tons of people not voting isn't an idea. Everything continues as normal, only you think you've duped the government keeping your opinion (which matters nothing politically) to yourself.

You either change the system by voting (using the system), or you reinvent the system through revolution/action.
    Neither of those options is thinking you're holding onto your voice, while doing absolutely nothing, and continuing to use all the services of the government you think is so dysfunctional and stupid.
    I understand that not voting alone doesn't change anything. But that's what I will continue to do. I don't agree with you on the point of having a voice only if you vote because you gave your voice away by voting for them. Now they speak for you. I refuse to do so & understand that that alone changes nothing.

I've mentioned in other threads what I plan on doing with my life. I want to wake the people up, spark something in the people to get them to care & then educate them. After I educate them, that's when things are possible. After college, I plan on starting my own radio station, probably internet radio or subscription radio. I'll only be playing real rap music, not this dance music which is "in my opinion" dumbing down society. I also plan on discussing Combat Sports & Politics.

This will all start on youtube under my Gorilla Kingdom brand & once I finish college, I will move into radio. Those are my goals & my ideas behind "Changing the World." Continue to vote, it doesn't bother me. The reason that things will never change though isn't because of the politicians because they truly don't have the power, it's because of the almighty people that don't realize that they are almighty. The people used to believe that, now we all look at the government as to big & we cower, maybe someday we the people will get that back & realize our true power.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i think voting in a system you don't believe in is worse then not voting. but you should at least go to a protest once in awhile or vote on issues that you care about like legalizing pot.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Clearly most the people that vote have some "belief" in the system or they wouldn't take the time to vote.
    Lack of transparency in high level government action is the problem, not the theory of representative democracy.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree on how voting and having a voice work. Wish you the best.

I agree Tyler, why vote on anything besides legalizing weed, that's all that matters anyway, lol...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123