Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    NONE

Joe Rogan: The American War Machine

Great Video!

People always tell me that I can't complain if I don't vote. I always reply by saying, you can't complain if you voted. By voting, you knowingly giving your voice to someone else to speak for you & you can't complain when that person doesn't do what you want them to do because you gave your power to them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rogan is the man! Open your minds ignorant people!

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Sparks View Post
    By voting, you knowingly giving your voice to someone else to speak for you & you can't complain when that person doesn't do what you want them to do because you gave your power to them.
    You understand a representative democracy - way to go!

What's funny is that you think by not voting you're somehow doing something rebellious, then talking about people giving away their voice by voting, like participating in social order is stupid.

You have no voice when you don't vote either.

a "no vote" is a vote. there is no point in voting when your only choice is to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Array

School
    and for the record I agree with everything Joe is saying.

But you're also discounting all the local voting people do for elected officials where it does directly influence their life. Sure shit going on behind the scenes in Iraq isn't something we voted on, but telling everyone to not vote period is stupid. Lots of things people vote on in cities goes directly to law. Also, many representatives probably do what they can to represent the people as well as they can, it's by no means perfect, but our alternative is to tear up the constitution. I can totally understand the resentment, as I graduated with a political science degree and have became totally disenchanted with politics through the process.

Basically, the government and the controlling bodies are the ones to attack not normal people for voting.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    why don't people in the us want health care thats what i can't figure out.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I don't think everybody should vote. If you don't care enough to be aware of local politics then there's no need to muck up the system with an ignorant decision. The less other people vote the more power my vote has.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I don't think everybody should vote. If you don't care enough to be aware of local politics then there's no need to muck up the system with an ignorant decision. The less other people vote the more power my vote has.
    but voting apples to dumb people because they just want there team to win they don't care if they both have the same sponsors, just like Nascar.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Timmermans View Post
    but voting apples to dumb people because they just want there team to win they don't care if they both have the same sponsors, just like Nascar.
    ???

Voting apples to dumb people?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I agree in theory. The reality is you would be telling droves of poor people they can't vote. Not very democratic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast