Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    and just so i am clear the verbal bashing thread's where about 2 guys that claimed to be bjj black belts that wherent and claimed they where affliates

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Yeah I think our commentary here should be limited to positive, supportive thoughts. I know thats why the majority of us are here is to help each other and to connect to one another. There will always be some fool on here talking shit, weather it's lost of frank james or whatever....
    Last edited by Griffin Lambert; 01-24-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I suppose the level of douchebaggery is pretty low in comparison of other forums. We should keep it that way...

Array

School
    Ronin
    I have had some serious reservations about this guy since he first started posting here and it started because of a thred that Eisner posted on Royce Gracie. He started showing what I thought was some serious disrespect to Royce and the Gracies which led me to question the origen of his purple belt. So I questioned him about it in a very casual way and here is what went down.

Me: Hey Frank Im curious because of your strong stance against bjj for self defense who gave you your purple belt?

Frank: bluegrass conference which is va, nc, sc under nbl and ski rules

Me: who gave you your purple belt?

Frank:doc leamon stroud out of kinston nc. and I am not opposed to bjj as a defense, I am simply stating that it is not the king of martial arts, and for certain situations it is the most practical art to use. but anyone who has ever been in a fight for their life will tell you that if I willing take my opponant to the ground it greatly reduces my options if I find myself needing flee a deadly situation.

Me: I have never heard of him where did he get his black belt? Im just curious about your lineage since your beliefs are so different from the beleifs of those who created the system.

Frank: jonathan, doc stroud is a traditional juijitsu 7th degree black belt in hakaru juijitsu located in kinston, n.c

Me: Ok I see, well this is a BJJ website more specificly 10thp jj and a lot of the people who post here are highly ranked in other martial arts. Ari Bolden (moon instructer) is a black belt in Japanese Jujitsu Chris Herzog another moon instructer is a black belt in Judo and some form of karate I believe and also a certified Instructer in Sambo, I beleive another moon instructor Is Highly ranked in Akido. Along with many other forum members who are ranked as black belt or instructer in many other martial arts they all post on this forum under there Bjj rank. Out of respect for Eddie Bravo and everybody else who has achieved there rank in bjj and to not accidently misrepresent yourself you might consider doing the same. You could always show your other ranks in your signature under your posts. Now im nobody to be telling you what to do but I know this is the way Eddie the other moon instructers and the people who frequint this forum want it to be.

Frank: Gotcha Jonathan I'm on my Droid right now so fix that asap. There wasn't directions under that, and I wasn't sure so I went with my rank in the closest art form and fyi I'm also a purple under verisimo charities in Nova uniao bjj, so I'm not a beginner and I'm working very hard with Neale hoerle in lynchburg to learn 10th planet. Thanks for the heads up

Frank: That should have been. Charuto in previous post, fucking Droid

Me: If your telling me Renato "Charuto" Verrisimo gave you a purple belt than that is appropriat rank for this site. How was it training in Hawaii? Did you get to train with B.J. Penn?

Frank: Unfortunately I never trained in Hawaii. I helped open ABI's mma in goldsboro, NC, and we were an affiliate Nova uniao under rootz. He is an awesome dude and I hate that me and a long time friend moose huffman the owner, had a falling out over the direction of the school. I miss all those guys. Rootz has one of his brown belts in Wilmington and right now those guys are dominating the local mma scene. But if I had never left I would have probably never discovered 10th planet and we wouldn't be talking. If you go to abismma.com moose pretty much erased me from the site but you can see a couple of the guys I trained while I was there. Also look me on Facebook where you can see some of my guys that I've worked with. If you see my fighter Doug and check his shorts, they are rich clementes from his last fight in the ufc. You'll also see my good friend Shane hurricane helms from WWW who I have also taught bjj to. Look me up and add me if you have fb
    here is the entire thred http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...-game”-Article

In light of the B.Q. and Coringao situations I think he owes you Eddie, proof of this claim.
    formerly known as jmw0582

I didn't read the other threads, but I think we should be forgiving if someone can improve. Some people don't respond well to embarrassment or when they feel no love. Maybe he's just one of those overly sensitive, volatile people.

Reprimand him with love, see if he improves, and if he continues hostile ways without provocation then the ban hammer it is.

My 2c.
    Last edited by ifreez; 01-24-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    He has also pointed to his Criminal record and gave links to a N.C. data base to verify it in an effort to give him self street cred.
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 01-24-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie
    He has also pointed to his Criminal record and gave links to a N.C. data base to verify it in an effort to give him self street cred.
    Haha! Good rebuttal! :-)

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    He might have been out of line, but giving him a second chance would not hurt. If he really means well for the system then he will prove that over time if he acts up again you will whether it was a bad choice or not.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Seems to be a lot of Drama surrounding this dude...shit doesnt really add up with all the stuff he's been saying.

Array

School
    Ronin
    He also stated that he beleived the reason he was awarded his purple belt was because Verrisimo wanted to expand his affiliation, which to me is disrespectfull to Verrisimo.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast