Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey
    fly him out to HQ. Make him fight Renato for a 10thpjj blue belt.

Let's just ignore the gimp lol .

Array

School
    None
    As a non-paying, poor college student who only reps the style at a BJJ club, I assume I don't have much word on it, but Frank has some goods and bads to his posts.

In one light, he's too straight forward about his ideas. Whether you agree or disagree, the way he presented his ideas were disrespectful. It's one thing to suggest that maybe Eddie should visit the East Coast from time to time (maybe even during seminars) to see if guys repping the system warrant belts. It's another to say he NEEDS to do it, or that he's late in it. Suggesting an idea; popular or not, is okay. But demanding it of your superior is stupid.

Disrespecting people that do not agree with you is also crossing the line. If someone counters your point, explain to them with reason why they are wrong. Don't start calling them ass-kissers and saying "fuck you." How does that get your point across? No one cares what you think if you're a douche bag about it.

I'd say to give him a warning, but he's done things like this before, and does try to pass him self off as a hard ass. If it were me, I'd ban him. But, that's just me.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Wow!!! Holy mother fucking shiat! Really??? You made me read all that? Eddie you owe me now... But since I did, here you go.
    1. He was disrespectful, at first I believe unintentionally. But then (maybe as a defensive reaction) intentionally.
    2. Seems down on his luck and is very passionate about the system.
    3. I say let Neale and Einstein make that call, since they obviously know him a little better than I.
    Less Drama more training!!!!! Come the fuck on for real!

Array

School
    Next Level Combat/10th Planet St. Paul
    I think this is just another case of things getting blown up. Franks intentions were good. Problem with posting on forums is that no one can tell your intentions. Just like the white belt comment, it was not meant to be disrescpectful, and I didn't take it that way, but someone misinterpreted is all. The like all things on the internet is became a huge epeen contest. That being said Eddie (only non-local 10P person I have met) was super cool at our seminar and even helped out a complete nub like me that had been training for only 3 weeks.

I just only hope that someday I can move on from the pink Hello Kitty belt that I feel I currently hold.

Array

School
    Pensacola Home Skool'd
    Eddie I think you need to make everyone you meet a black belt so we all can walk around with our black belts on and show how we can beat everyone up in a fight and disrespect everyone. Sweep the leg and put em in a body bag

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I don't think he's bad, misguided perhaps.

I don't agree with his questioning of Eddie's ranking guidelines at all, its wasn't his place to do so. No one is forcing anyone to train 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu and work towards rank, its a choice. If its something you want bad enough you'll make sacrifices to obtain it.

The name calling wasn't called for and doesn't following the positive attitude that the 10th Planet community strives for. However I feel it was reactionary on Frank's part and he made a poor choice in how he responded to the criticism. We've all said stupid shit in the past, hopefully he'll learn from it, use it as a learning experience to grow is a more positive direction.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center

Array

School
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    The message: A remark full of satire and truth. It isn't that big of a deal. Both sides will move on in the end.

The meme: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    http://www.facebook.com/cageside/posts/152458868123439

Frank challenging a respected Gracie brown belt to a street fight on Facebook. Ban him. He is horrible for the system.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast