Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Ban Him

Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/cageside/posts/152458868123439

Frank challenging a respected Gracie brown belt to a street fight on Facebook. Ban him. He is horrible for the system.
    I'm interested to see that but it won't let me view it, is it short enough to copy and paste? If its too long don't worry.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    I wanna say ban him for disrespecting Einstein and Eddie, and calling other ppl ass kissers and what not...but he's The Fucking Man, c'mon.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    I just got home and found this and would like to reply and hope it can clear up some things. First of all, I wasn't trying to say eddie was not doing his part as the master of this system. I was merely giving, and I can see how it could be perceived as bad looking back, a shout out for kevin and neale, two instructors who I think exemplify tpjj. Secondly, when I got pressed on the forum, I felt insulted, so I responded in kind, and if you read the post, the thread addressed to jay chow was to show him how I felt insulted, and Immediately posted again to the contrary and let him know that was all I was trying to do and that I didn't mean it. he seemed to understand and said no problem. third, as far as "theman" goes in my name, I explained that as my name is very plain and common, and in the past, sighing up for email and websites was always hard to get sing on, A friend, as a joke meant to bust my balls, typed it in, and it went through, so I've used ever since, kinda to bust his balls back, like haha jokes on you. And yes, it sounds cocky, but its easy to remember and Its always available, so I've always used it. I dont believe for a minute that I'm the baddest guy in the world, but just a guy that loves martial arts, to be honest, tpjj more than all the rest at this time. I'm very passionate about it, and if thats bad, then Im bad. will I make mistakes, sure. Ive fought for things my whole life being that I grew up poor, but it doesnt make it right, just habit. I just spent three hours teaching my students tpjj techniques trying to learn all I can and better myself to it in hopes that one day I would be an affiliate, but if Eddie thinks that I am bad for tpjj and that my heart isnt devoted to it 100%, then I would rather not be involved and will gladly step away, rather than hurt or tarnish its image. Yes, I believe in standing up for what I believe and when we do that, someone will always disagree, thats life. I never meant anything bad towards anyone on here, but yea, I have had some heated debates with some, but I have always tried to give good advice to help others when they had questions, I have always supported this system 100%. And for those of you who seen where I challenged a gracie brown belt, yea I did, because he told lies at the very beginning of the facebook thread about me and my fiance on things that he had no idea of what he was talking about, but since all of that, he and I have talked at walmart, where I invited him to a seminar that I was doing with kevin green, no problem. I thought very highly of him before the fb issue and referred a lot of people to him for bjj as I believed that he was and is one of the best guys in eastern nc for it. When he said what he said, I was upset and overreacted, and for which was reprimanded by Jon helton, who helped me see my mistake and showed me a different path that I could of taken, also Neale Hoerle expressed his concerns and also helped me understand the ramifications for it. I've tried exhaustedly all I can, with limited resources to train with others in this system, and If their opinion counts, I think that they know my background and understand my passion, and my faults. But never let it be said that I don't want what is best for tpjj, and if that includes excluding me, I will understand and walk away.

To Eddie, sorry for suggesting in anyway that I knew more than you, I never meant to, but I can see reading back now, how it could be perceived as such. I really only meant it as a compliment to Kevin and some of his students that I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with. To jay chow, I explained the name calling to you and thought we understood each other, if not, I'm sorry again and it was just meant to get a reaction out of you which I did, and much the way that I felt a lot of others were doing to me at the same time. I've discussed it with Einstein via email and thought he better understood my position with him and thought we were good also, If not, let me say now, that while I did not agree with his original statement, I have the upmost respect for him as a person, and a bb.

The truth of it guys, if all of you had the pleasure of meeting me in person, I'm sure that you would see that I am just a guy that loves this stuff and I am willing to share anything I know with anybody, but usually end up walking away feeling I learned way more from you all. Sorry to everyone that all this came about. Whatever you all decide I will honor.

Frank James

I have one question, I read that Face book exchange through the link, since it seemed to be the cause of that Brazilian arrogance thread here months back. I noticed when speaking to those guys on face book, you never mentioned a purple belt from Charuto, yet you did mention it here. It seems, if a person was making a JJ argument, as was going on there with FB, making mention of being a purple under a guy like Charuto, would be part of credentials listed, since you listed the other stuff you did.

That struck me a bit odd.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I don't think he's bad, misguided perhaps.

I don't agree with his questioning of Eddie's ranking guidelines at all, its wasn't his place to do so. No one is forcing anyone to train 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu and work towards rank, its a choice. If its something you want bad enough you'll make sacrifices to obtain it.

The name calling wasn't called for and doesn't following the positive attitude that the 10th Planet community strives for. However I feel it was reactionary on Frank's part and he made a poor choice in how he responded to the criticism. We've all said stupid shit in the past, hopefully he'll learn from it, use it as a learning experience to grow is a more positive direction.
    thank you chris for your support, sorry to you for putting you in this position that might not be agreed to by others, and I would never want anyone to think less of you for any reason, so very much, Thank you

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Allum View Post
    I think this is just another case of things getting blown up. Franks intentions were good. Problem with posting on forums is that no one can tell your intentions. Just like the white belt comment, it was not meant to be disrescpectful, and I didn't take it that way, but someone misinterpreted is all. The like all things on the internet is became a huge epeen contest. That being said Eddie (only non-local 10P person I have met) was super cool at our seminar and even helped out a complete nub like me that had been training for only 3 weeks.

I just only hope that someday I can move on from the pink Hello Kitty belt that I feel I currently hold.
    thanks for understanding greg

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    Wow!!! Holy mother fucking shiat! Really??? You made me read all that? Eddie you owe me now... But since I did, here you go.
    1. He was disrespectful, at first I believe unintentionally. But then (maybe as a defensive reaction) intentionally.
    2. Seems down on his luck and is very passionate about the system.
    3. I say let Neale and Einstein make that call, since they obviously know him a little better than I.
    Less Drama more training!!!!! Come the fuck on for real!
    thanks bill for nailing it and understanding

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    As a non-paying, poor college student who only reps the style at a BJJ club, I assume I don't have much word on it, but Frank has some goods and bads to his posts.

In one light, he's too straight forward about his ideas. Whether you agree or disagree, the way he presented his ideas were disrespectful. It's one thing to suggest that maybe Eddie should visit the East Coast from time to time (maybe even during seminars) to see if guys repping the system warrant belts. It's another to say he NEEDS to do it, or that he's late in it. Suggesting an idea; popular or not, is okay. But demanding it of your superior is stupid.

Disrespecting people that do not agree with you is also crossing the line. If someone counters your point, explain to them with reason why they are wrong. Don't start calling them ass-kissers and saying "fuck you." How does that get your point across? No one cares what you think if you're a douche bag about it.

I'd say to give him a warning, but he's done things like this before, and does try to pass him self off as a hard ass. If it were me, I'd ban him. But, that's just me.
    my membership just expired as I had surgery last month and was out of work for a couple of weeks, had planned on renewing tonight till all of this. I'll wait the outcome and if it goes good, I will go from there. Your address is Raleigh, maybe we could meet some time and let you get to know me and maybe you will see that Im not that bad.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    my computer is fucked on my ps3, hence no AVATAR, i know money can be tight, but i've never ''Franks Avatar'' 5.00 dollars isn't much to stay current with, Double Bagger, Japanease Nectie, ect. buy MTT & MTR & use the website as a tool to continue evolving. Frank, at least pay the 5.00 dollars holmes
    membership just expired, money has been real tight and I was out of work after surgery, and yes every dollar I make is paying past dues bills. hope you understand thanks

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast