Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    this applies to jerkin it too!

Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri
    Here's the good news

Some scientists claim that there is no hard evidence to suggest that sex before a competition is a bad thing. In fact, some studies show that pre-sports sex may in fact assist the athletes in a number of ways. Here are some facts:

While sex can burn up a lot of energy (if you're doing it right), the average couple doesn't even burn a hundred calories during their lovemaking sessions!
    Even though sexual frustration may trigger an increase in aggression, pre-competition sex helps to reduce anxiety and increase relaxation
    There is no evidence to date that suggests that pre-competition sex negatively effects the athletes agility
    Ejaculation increases levels of testosterone which increases aggression, while long periods of abstinence causes testosterone levels to drop
    According to one Italian researcher, who studied the effects of sex on performance, "After three months without sex, which is not so uncommon for some athletes, testosterone dramatically drops to levels close to children's levels. Do you think this may be useful for a boxer?"

Bit of an article on the subject
    I dunno, holmes... Can u imaging busting 5 minutes before your match? I don't think you'll have anything left, nor do I think you'll care..:-)

Quote Originally Posted by JusLove
    I think it's more to do with ambition. A lot of males do things to impress females. If you've just had sex, then you really don't give a fuck. For ex. you get all dressed up before a date but once the night is over, sex is done with, and you look like shit, it's not like you run to take a shower and fix your hair etc... The reason is because you not worried about not getting pussy from looking like shit because you just got it. Same reason you stop caring so much about how you look around a girl you've dated for a while. The power of the pussy, my friends.
    Freud? Is that you?

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    I dunno, holmes... Can u imaging busting 5 minutes before your match? I don't think you'll have anything left, nor do I think you'll care..:-)
    Makes sence for sure. I think the cutoff being 24 hours before the match is a good estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian "ifreez" Freemantle View Post
    Freud? Is that you?
    Never read about him but I agree with him to a certain point. "sexual desire as the primary motivational energy of human life" I don't think it's the "primary motivational energy", rather I think it's the first " primary motivational energy", meaning that you can overcome it once you realize it. Therefore choose to let it continue being the primary motivation or find something else to replace it. I also only think that "sexual desire" being the first primary motivation is only relevant in males. For women, being that they are physically inferior but potentially intelligently equal, their primary motivational energy comes from self preservation. The key to self preservation as a female is to find out what the alpha male (protector/provider) wants most (sex) and provide it while trying to get as much out of it as possible. The problem of this comes when males get their sexual desires fulfilled and/or when females get their needs of safety and provisions. When this occurs, ambition of males drop and things like being nice, good hygiene and for the sake of keeping this on topic, competitive performance goes down. This is probably the reason that women stop putting out as much when they're married. Now some may look at loss of ambition as a bad or good thing. Being content can be good and bad. I think finding motivation from things besides sexual desire in order to do great things, is to move forward as a species. Just my 2 cents. I wrote this rather quickly and didn't bother to review it much, so if I've said something ridiculous, I apologize. I'll check it over when I get back from the gym. Peace.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Juslove, for once I completely agree with you. I have come to the same conclusion.

ps. 6 weeks is up dude. What are the results of the experiment?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Juslove, for once I completely agree with you. I have come to the same conclusion.

ps. 6 weeks is up dude. What are the results of the experiment?
    I don't mind people disagreeing with me on anything, that's how we learn from each other.

As for the experiment, I didn't realize anyone posted on that thread as I haven't checked it in a while. I'm currently trying to find any tournaments on any island in Hawaii that I can go to. I can't record at my gym because I don't want to disrespect my instructor. If I can't find a comp within the next few weeks I'm thinking about flying out to HQ and they can judge me for themselves. The experiment went great with the exception of my instructor not letting me do any leglocks besides the straight ankle and toe hold and you will get yelled at if you even attempt any sort of neck crank. So I basically have been only doing rubber guard, using the twister pass just to get to the back, and lock down stuff. If you guys want, I could invite some blue belts over and just record the whole session. It wouldn't prove much though, that's why I'm trying to get to a 10th planet school asap or a comp.

You can have sex the night before a comp or fight and be fine as long as you don't put on a marathon and make her do ALL the work. It will weaken your legs if you're doing all the work and have an all night marathon. Other than that, what John said.

I went two weeks recently and i couldnt tell much difference on the mat. I think most of it was in my head. I mean If I were you I wouldn't do anything on the day of the match just to be safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast