Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Well one things for sure...I think I'd like to hang out with Seagal..seems like a fun dude....

Array

School
    Superior Fitness Elk City, OK
    Anybody recall on one of the recent MTS Tae Kwon Joes when Eddie was asking why not take that front kick up from the abdomen to the face? Is Anderson a closet 10th Planeteer?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    that's just a standard issue front kick. it just isn't utilized that much in MMA for whatever reason. i use it all the time (though i have never knocked anybody out with it). when you kick that high it takes the thrust away from your hips and turns into more of a snap kick than a power shot. like a really, really powerful jab.

there are a ton of styles that utilize that kick. muay thai calls it a teep (don't know if i am spelling it right), i believe. taekwon do practices it, as well as tang soo do (which is the base style at our academy).

great knockout by silva. he's amazing.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    yeah not an unusual kick at all. Though i think someone like anderson can use it best. simply because of his build. A lot of shorter guys that use it cant get that power behind it. but if you are tall, and especially having a shorter opponent.. that seems like a great kick to use. And also.. anderson has the speed to pull it off. and simple strategy. watch his eyes when he does it. he's looking at vitor's feet the whole time. like hes going to do something low.. and you can see him glimpse up as to see "ok, where do i need to aim".. and then looks back down right before he throws it. thats a good way to throw someone off that you are aiming at their head. So i'd say.. speed + height + strategy = great kick for anderson.
    As for Steven.. If hes earned that high of a ranking in anything.. im sure he knows some valuable stuff. But for the most part a lot of those techniques arent going to woek in MMA (realistically youre not going to grab someone's hand out of mid-air to get a wrist lock).. but like i said, im sure theres some moves that would convert over great to MMA. after all thats why its called MIXED martial arts. I personally am not fond of a lot of wing-chun.. but there's some great techniques that convert over to certain MMA situations. So i say, If he offers to teach you something.. and you feel the rest of your game is where you want it.. why not see what he has to offer. Though if i were anderson.. i would probably work a little more on my jiu-jitsu. Not to say he isnt great.. but it seems that if you get past his guard.. there's not much there.

Array

School
    Back from vacation

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    I'm calling BS....I think Anderson is a fan of Seagals and all but...uhm...this is from 3 years ago..

so obviously he had it in his repertoire before Seagal started "training" him. Anderson is playing with us....My Muay Thai coach tells me that's a pretty standard kick. The awesomeness of it is that only Silva could knock someone out with it.....

In fact...you learn this variation of the front kick within the first couple of weeks of muay thai training...
    Not to the face you wouldnt.

I was watching the footage from Game of Death and I think that Anderson Silva is a student of the late Bruce Lee. All martial artists should watch it.

Array

School
    Alliance BJJ Hawaii
    I call BS on this fight... Despite all the fake to the stomach(by looking) and then hit the face is all BS. I'm starting to think that MMA is turning out to be fixed. They just had a big thing in Sumo, that there were a lot of wrestlers cheating, by throwing the fights.... some big thing in Japan. I know that was a horrible comparrison, but Sumo's still big in Japan... I hope that MMA never turns out to be some big lie.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Kaimuloa View Post
    I call BS on this fight... Despite all the fake to the stomach(by looking) and then hit the face is all BS. I'm starting to think that MMA is turning out to be fixed. They just had a big thing in Sumo, that there were a lot of wrestlers cheating, by throwing the fights.... some big thing in Japan. I know that was a horrible comparrison, but Sumo's still big in Japan... I hope that MMA never turns out to be some big lie.
    Watch the replay and look at Belforts head snap back after the impact of the kick it was not fake at all.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Elliott View Post
    Not to the face you wouldnt.

I was watching the footage from Game of Death and I think that Anderson Silva is a student of the late Bruce Lee. All martial artists should watch it.

TEEP 4 da win!!

this kick is money to the groin. especially when you have shoes on and don't neccesarrilerueliryasrl have to bend your toes back

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast