Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown

Professional Strength and Conditioning for Jits: My personal journey

As many of you may know I am a full-time 10TH Planet Coach. This transition 'off-the-grid' ,as Eddie puts it, has been an amazing journey thus far and it's getting better every day. This post will be my ongoing blog in which I intend to share a portion of my journey/transformation with all of you here on the forum... I feel that what I have to say can benefit each and every one of you in some way or another. Within the blog I will document my journey about strength training, conditioning and dynamic physical ability/stretching and maybe even a few behind the scene details about becoming a 10TH Planet Coach. I will also provide you access to my trainer John and perhaps he can jump in from time to time to answer a few question about what we are doing and what I am trying to achieve.

Come follow me!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Sounds good Neale. Looking forward to it.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    A brief intro:

Believe it or not a have not touched a weight (other than a kettle bell) in 3+ years. I have achieved all that I have on speed, timing and technique. I truly believed that given enough reps I could keep a step ahead of the wolves... A step that could spell victory over bigger and stronger opponents. I will say that my plan never failed. The wolves are still a step behind but I have decided to leave them behind by a mile or more and the plan is/was... GET A PERSONAL TRAINER. Not just any trainer, mixed martial arts and or jiu jitsu in general requires different movements than most other sports out there and a football routine or body builder regimen was clearly not the answer.

Enter my trainer, John. In a word, one cool cat. He's not your typical gym rat. He not your athletic pant wearing ex-phys-ed coach (pardon my stereotype) in fact he's a 6'6 260 lb Ex Pro wrestler that used to do Strong Man comps. He wears a do rag, has a nose bone and multiple other piercings but more importantly he has and a DEGREE and Certs.... Better than all of this he IS a Jits guy. He's been a fixture in our gym for sometime now and he's been silently learning the game. As it were, he had a reason... He wants to cater to fighters exclusively. Lucky me. Beginning tomorrow I will begin documenting or training and the ideas/ fundamentals behind the PLAN. As I stated earlier I will have him posting here as well and maybe we can all grow a little...
    Last edited by Neale Hoerle; 02-21-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Your journey has potential to inspire Neale. I'm looking forward to reading about your progress and the obstacles you have to overcome to keep growing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It would be awesome if you posted a detailed log of your workouts, diet, etc... I know most of us could benefit from something like that, especially myself.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/New Orleans
    good luck, cant wait to hear how your journey goes!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    That sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing your progress. Do you ever film yourself rolling? I heard its a good way to catch errors in your game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    I think its a great idea. Im looking forward to it.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    Thanks guys! I'm super excited to bring this to you... John, my trainer is typing away as we speak. The idea is to get his 'technical' commentary on what's going on and my 'down and dirty oh-fuck me this is gonna hurt' flavorful commentary. Let's face it, pimpin ain't easy. Lol. I'm deciphering a few things now and I'm trying to clock back a bit in my head... It's week 5 for me now and I'm in a bit of a 'glide' pattern sooo I need to clock it back and tell you all what I've been thru. Tune in and i'll keep it real
    Last edited by Neale Hoerle; 02-21-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    I wish more people in MMA took strength and conditioning seriously. I have a hell of a time trying to get people interested around here, even guys with pro fights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast