Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno

Anaconda Choke Variation

The other night I was watching the Strikeforce Challenger Series fights, and saw Carlo Prater hit an Anaconda choke variation that put his opponent to sleep incredibly quick. I was wondering if anyone else finishes this choke the same way, and if so do they have any tips on the correct way to finish it. I usually roll towards the trapped arm and finish the choke the standard way, but it is a low percentage finish for me, so I wanted to try it this way and see if I have an easier time finishing. The video is below. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    woow, you can see him try to tap with his trapped arm when he flips him over. he open and closes his hand 3 times and on the third you can tell he's going out lol

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I don't see the variation from this vid vs the submissions101.com one for the anaconda. What am I missing?

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    In the sub101 video he dumps the guy on his back, In the video here The fighter sort of crawls back then swings his legs around the trapped arm side to hook his legs. So I guess the difference would be not dumping the guy on his back ? mind you im going off purely what I can see.

Array

School
    so same "lock", but different way to get the "squeeze?"

Array

School
    10th Planet HotBox miami
    I believe so, maybe Ari or another 10p instructor will come and tell us if we are correct

Array

School
    Mac Self Defence
    that was sick and did someone say Darce hahaa

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousVictor View Post
    that was sick and did someone say Darce hahaa
    yeah, the commentator didn't know the difference between darce and anaconda. Similar, but different entry for the choke arm. Anaconda threads from neck to arm, darce goes from arm to neck.

Array

School
    Martial Arts Progression, Hartlepool, UK
    yeah, the commentator did that a few times during the night. what makes it worse is, the commentator was mauro ranallo (formerly of pride). in the post fight interview he congratulated the prater on the "d'arce, or brabo, choke" and he got corrected by prater. he's my least favourite mma commentator, even worse than goldie (who at least knows he's clueless).

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    It seems that instead of pressing directly onto the back of his head with his chest/stomach, he first shot his leg through to apply even more pressure to the trapped arm, which in turn applied more pressure to the carotid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast