Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma

judo and bjj or bjj and wrestling

Applied to school in Tromsø (Norway) and been looking into what martial arts there are up there in the arctic circle and found out I could either do judo and bjj or bjj and wrestling (jits being a must)

So just wondering what you guys think about doing of judo and wrestling for the most gain in jits.

Looking forward to joining a jits school so I can get more basics inn and hopefully get to go to the us one day to visit HQ when I feel I know enough of the basics to get the most out of the wild shit you guys do out there

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    wrestling > judo

Array

School
    10th Planet Sylmar
    I'm not to experienced with either one of them but I have tried them both and from the bit of techniques I've learned I liked Judo more then wrestling

Array

School
    Sjårdalen mma
    Well my thoughts are that judo will perhaps improve the jits techniques while wrestling will improve my all round base and take down both offense and defense and perhaps tighten my topgame more the judo.

But I also want to continue boxing so the schedule is looking tight :P

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    jiujitsu & judo work well in sport jiujitsu, jiujitsu & wrestling is better suited for mma, so it's really about your goal

Array

School
    Easton
    go for best instructors, regardless.

for me it took a couple months of bjj focus to learn the game, before branching out into other areas.

i hate grappling stand up--wrestling and judo, but for nogi wrestling is prob best, gi best is judo background (grips, throws).

if it wasn't for the stand up rules in comp i'd just start the match from sitting on my butt.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    wrestling > judo
    +1
    That's as long as the wrestling coach is good though.

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLucca View Post
    wrestling > judo
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    It depends really on if you want to be better in the gi or at no-gi. For no-gi jits wrestling all the way but for jits in the gi a good argument could be made for judo.

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    I would focus on wrestling. It comes in handy gi or no-gi, and will also improve your base, making you harder to sweep. However if you plan on competing with the gi on, and don't want to have to pull guard right away, it is essential that you learn how to grip fight, and Judo is the best for this. In my opinion you can get by only knowing wrestling for standup, but that is not really the case with Judo because you don't really learn how to sprawl in Judo, which can leave you very susceptible to takedowns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast