Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    My old Taekwondo teacher always said Jiu Jitsu, Judo, and Wrestling was useless as was any ground system. Dude was wack.
    In a street brawl when you're outnumbered Jiu Jitsu cannot prevent an unforeseen kick in the head.
    But in MMA the more martial arts you know and learn the more prepared you will be in the streets.
    So many styles have holes other styles can fill, So there'll never be the ULTIMATE martial Art.
    my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad Mckay View Post
    In a street brawl when you're outnumbered Jiu Jitsu cannot prevent an unforeseen kick in the head.
    But in MMA the more martial arts you know and learn the more prepared you will be in the streets.
    So many styles have holes other styles can fill, So there'll never be the ULTIMATE martial Art.
    my opinion.
    When your outnumbered the best Martial Art to know is Track and Field. MMA to me is the ULTIMATE martial art. Taekwondo has it's weakness when you are in a slippery area or closed in like in a bathroom. Boxing has its weakness as soon as you are clinched. As well as kickboxing. If you combine the strikes of kickboxing and the clinch work of Jiu Jitsu you will be more complete.

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    Blanket statements like what Baser made are hype....don't tell me he hasn't studied jj a bit. He may use wrestling to neutralize it, but he still has to have knowledge of what to defend for strategy etc. And as Eddie once said, the scary guys are ones that wrestled all their live had an open mind and learned jj. They are strong and gritty, like teaching an ape jj. I paraphrase but it was along those lines: )

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox
    Why don't we agree wrestlers can learn alot from us, and we can learn alot from wrestlers. As a mixed martial artist if u don't have wrestling or you don't have jiu jitsu u will not go far.

Array

School
    Mission: Submissions
    I started out wrestling and loved it. But I also love Jiu Jitsu. Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu are just two different ways to play the art of grappling, but when you can successfully combine the two, it can be deadly. The only thing I have trouble with in Jiu Jitsu is that I have a hard time relaxing, and that comes from my wrestling background. My bf tells me all the time that I still have a wrestler's mentality. But that will get better with experience and technique.

Everything you learn and learn to use and counter is going to improve your game just learn their style and learn everything you can the better you are the better you become the more complete your game is, IVE NEVER WRESTLED in my LIFE but when i train guys ask me all the time how long have i been wrestling for and i say im a jiu jitsu guy who learn to get takedowns from wrestlers it just helped to round out my game
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    Edmonton BJJ Club / Mundaruca BJJ
    I wrestled in junior high and high, and have went to judo and sambo classes. It seems to me that once you get on the ground jj rules the world, but I believe all the aforementioned are better at getting it there. What it all comes down to is grappling pretty much rocks. We'd all do better to get together and just make it better. That goes for the close minded non flexible gi jiu-jitsu guys too.

Guys guys guys, I think we've lost sight of our true enemies:

Strikers.

Kidding, of course, but not really. I don't see why anyone would want to factionalize grappling. Mix it all up, make ultra-grappling, and take over the earth.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Judo and Jiu Jitsu (in the martial sense not the tournament one) are the same thing really... All of the Judo style takedowns and standing self defense things are a part of Jiu Jitsu. We just don't train them as much because we all compete in tournaments and that stuff isn't going to get you Ws at tournaments.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Who wouldn't want to hit low singles like Sakuraba?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast