Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Diego Sanchez Competes in Grappling Tournament During UFC Fan Expo

Diego Sanchez has his next fight set. Well sort of.

The former “Ultimate Fighter” winner and one time Abu Dhabi grappling competitor will return to his roots during the UFC 129 weekend and compete in a 4-man grappling tournament.

Sanchez will square off with Canadian grappler Andrew McInnes in the first round of the tournament, while Ryan Hall meets Jorge Britto.

The opening round matches will take place on Friday, April 29 starting at 1:30pm ET, and the final match takes place on Saturday, April 30 at 1:30pm ET.

Also taking part in the grappling extravaganza will be famed trainer and jiu-jitsu instructor Fabio Holanda as he takes on seven time Grappler’s Quest champion Nolan Dutch in a special super fight on Saturday, April 30 at 1:30pm ET.

The four man tournament is presented by Grappler’s Quest as a part of the UFC Fan Expo taking place at the Direct Energy Center in Toronto.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Nice, I wonder if Diego would be able to compete with someone like Hall?
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    Nice, I wonder if Diego would be able to compete with someone like Hall?
    I take it you missed the grappling match he had with Marcello? From what I saw in that match, most definitely.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    hes gonna do pretty damn good
    he had a war with marcelo
    at adcc 2005

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    The guy he's competing against in his first match is an animal... At FILA Nationals last summer I think he competed up in weight and toyed with everyone in his weight class. Super slick.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    I take it you missed the grappling match he had with Marcello? From what I saw in that match, most definitely.
    I did miss that, sounds like some good matches then.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13