School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey

Omoplata from the Back

there IS a will.
    is there a WAY?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    ive never seen it.. but that would be sweet. the only way i could think off off hand would be from something close to a pentagram choke. and then just pull his wrist to the hip and step over his head and put your feet to the matt. but it probably wouldnt be the most logical transition from the pentagram choke.. unless you just wanted to get the omoplata from the back.. because it would be freakin sweet. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    here is a variation of a reverse one.
    http://www.lockflow.com/grappling-te...erse-omo-plata

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    oh dude there is a way i can do that shit I'll try post a video up when i can

google Nino Schembri, If its possible to hit an omoplata from a position, he probably has done it.

Array

School
    Ronin
    This seems like a counter productive way to approach jiu jitsu. I'm aware of three really good options from the back rnc, armbar, and transition to the truck. Two of those being two of the three highest percent submissions in jiu jitsu and the third transition leaving you with a lot of options and control. Is your rnc blue belt level? Have you developed your squeeze? Is your hand fight skills up to par? Have you become good at eliminating one arm? If all these things are blue belt level then work on the next great options. When your armbar and transition to the truck is blue belt level or higher then maybe start looking for another option. I understand your trying to be creative I'm just saying, don't let it get in the way of your progress. That's just my white belt opinion though, take it for what its worth.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Guerrero BJJ New Jersey
    wow, that reverse omoplata is not the one i visualized, but cool nonetheless.
    What is a pentagram choke? Does it involve the gi? Irrrrrregardless, its in no way as good as the omoplata

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    no you dont need a gi for the pentagram choke. and im not exactly sure how to explain it without a lengthy response... but a summary, its like a triangle + mission control from the back.. Actually.. here's a link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_J_rr8hT-k :P

Array

School
    Ronin
    No offense to Ari but that shit looks sketchy! can we get some more input on this from some upper belts? Seems like if you could even get to that position you should just go to an armbar.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    And Jon.. I agree its probably not the most effective move from the back. But sometimes i think its fun to just try some new stuff out for kicks, even if i know i would never use it in a match. Me and my friends often times try out crazy unpractical moves when we are grappling other people who dont really do jiujitsu. Just because its funny to see someone land ridiculous moves every once in awhile. Its all about fun. Sure the rock bottom isnt the best takedown.. but if you can land it on one of your friends.. and then secure a quick submission.. saying the words "tap gebroni".. would just seem to bring more humor to the room. and theres nothing wrong with having some fun while you roll every once in awhile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast