Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com

Open/Operate A Business Info

All owners/operators of a business and especially those of a 10th planet moon, would you be so kind to share with the rest of us any and all advice on how to open and operate a business of our own?

I'm sure many of us would love to own a business someday, especially a 10th planet moon, so any advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Question: do any of you use a gym management software?

I've come across MINDBODY http://www.mindbodyonline.com/ and Champions Way http://www.championsway.com/, have any of you used these programs? What programs do you use if any?

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    First step to open a business is to come up with a business plan! That's the best way to figure out what you goals are and how realistic your business is. It's a pretty full on task but well worth it. Mine is over 40 pages long so far lol.
    You have to be smart about starting your own business. Deciding to do it and jumping in without any knowledge will result in failure.
    A business plan will help you figure out everything. I've been lucky enough to have friends that have successful businesses and I took time to sit down with them and talk to them on what it takes to run a business and all. There's way more than what you could imagine. It's a risky adventure that could be rewarding if you do it the right way.
    Try to surround yourself with people that have successful businesses talk to many people as possible.
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    ^This^...and I definitely recommend taking some business courses even if it's not to pursue a degree. Also, check out organizations like SCORE or your local small business association that has counselors that can guide you in the right direction. They'll be able to lend the experience you need so you won't have to learn the pitfalls yourself by experience.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    ^This^...and I definitely recommend taking some business courses even if it's not to pursue a degree. Also, check out organizations like SCORE or your local small business association that has counselors that can guide you in the right direction. They'll be able to lend the experience you need so you won't have to learn the pitfalls yourself by experience.
    YES, talking with a SBA counselor is a good idea for anyone to do who want's to start a business. Also checking out the SBA website is a good place to start as well. http://www.sba.gov/

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    First step to open a business is to come up with a business plan! That's the best way to figure out what you goals are and how realistic your business is. It's a pretty full on task but well worth it. Mine is over 40 pages long so far lol.
    You have to be smart about starting your own business. Deciding to do it and jumping in without any knowledge will result in failure.
    A business plan will help you figure out everything. I've been lucky enough to have friends that have successful businesses and I took time to sit down with them and talk to them on what it takes to run a business and all. There's way more than what you could imagine. It's a risky adventure that could be rewarding if you do it the right way.
    Try to surround yourself with people that have successful businesses talk to many people as possible.
    I couldn't agree with you more about coming up with a business plan. I've thought about buying Business Plan Pro www.paloalto.com/ Have any of you used this program? What do you use if anything to make your business plan?

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    I've heard a lot of successful people say to do this. One who comes to mind is Damon Dash www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Dash He said some people didn't want to talk to him about their business but that MOST successful people loved to talk about their business accomplishment's and how they did them. He said it's one of the main reasons for his achievement's.

I guess it's just a matter of finding the right people, time, & place to talk to them...?...

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael McGuire View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more about coming up with a business plan. I've thought about buying Business Plan Pro www.paloalto.com/ Have any of you used this program? What do you use if anything to make your business plan?
    Go to score.org and they offer a free business plan template to follow. There are a few different places online that offer free templates as well. The Score template is the one I've used before and is nice and thorough.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Russell Simmons' book "Do You" is really good. Basic in some ways, but it really goes into the mindset one should have if they want to be successful at anything, including running their own business. I was really surprised to discover that his book was good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Well the easiest and the most complete business plan you'll ever come across to is simply a long term business visa application form from the immigration hahaha they are making you fill a fucking crazy application form which is basically a solid business plan. It goes over your goals. Strength and weaknesses, opportunities, partnerships with other local or overseas businesses... To a profit and loss forecast over 3 years and so on. And it's all explained really well. A friend helped me with mine ( and he's a real successful businessman running under a dozen of businesses) and he said that it was the most complex and in depth business plan he's ever worked on! Coming from him says a lot. Pm me and I'll send you a link so you can download the form. You'll save some cash
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast