Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai

Top 3 high Percentage RG Finishes and Setups

For me its got to be

1 Sub: Gogoclich - Setup: Lockdown to 3/4 RG to Fire and Flip to Gogoclinch

2 Sub: Hindulutine - Setup: 3/4 RG and they try to smash in or kneecut across the bottom leg

3 Sub: Dead Orchard - Setup: Mission or NY to Fist grind on the chin - they block with hand - Pull arm deep - Dead Orchard

The reason I ask is that I am looking at where to put my time next in RG. I honestly havent played it much after blue belt because I just kept getting passed and smashed... these three subs still work pretty well for me... but I'd like to branch out again and I'd like to see where to put my time for max return

Thanks guys

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Those 3 are the top, it’s better to stick with those. Most RG ends in an OMA plata battle so make sure you have fire from there even if it’s just the sweep
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Crazy Monkey Norge, Oslo, Norway
    How about the meat hook and transitions from there? Where would you guys rank that?

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Those 3 are the top, it’s better to stick with those. Most RG ends in an OMA plata battle so make sure you have fire from there even if it’s just the sweep
    Thanks Eddie,

I think my real problem is that I havent been drilling it and therefore my technique has become rusty and slow. I'll work on getting back to a good rotation or drilling and positional sparring.

To Jorgen:

I do play Meathook quite a bit, and its good if you have yourself in good alignment... I have however gotten smashed and passed innumerable times from there which is why I started playing with Hindu control because even if they pass my bottom leg they still cannot pass which is huge. Im sure im just lacking some fundamental know how so it leads me into inferior RG scenarios.

Keep at it matey

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Thank you for information Eddie Bravo, your awesome.